Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Habs, why do you do this to me?


Allow me to sum it up for you: When your goalie has let in 4 goals (though I won't count 1 because Hal Gill kicked it in) and still has .930 save percentage on the night, YOU 18 other guys fucked up royally. Yea, YOU kept Ovie quiet. But YOU did fuck all the rest of the night. OK, well Gorges got a goal kicked in by a Capital, and Poo got a powerplay goal. But YOU did fuck all for 60 minutes against a shakier than shaky AHL goalie. Get a fucking plan, Double-O Martini. Beating weak teams is fine and dandy but how about something that makes your team look able to beat elite teams rather than hope and pray? Hell our AHL boys look like seasoned vets over these guys. Afraid of the net, unable to connect a pass, slow, backing up on defence instead of playing hard... Oh and waive BGL or trade him back to the Oilers (who like him for sentimental reasons apparently). His 2 minutes of uselessness could be given to Andrew Beastly Conboy who can at least snarl at someone, and skate somewhere quickly, and hit things while fitting under the cap. Actually he'd probably give you more than 2 minutes. Do it.

I'm watching a real hockey game: Team Canada vs Team USA and it's EPIC. Tied at 5 and going to OT. Eberle is king clutch.

EDIT!
Team USA takes it in OT. Carlson snipes it for Gold! Epic game. And well deserved for a great team. And to Kristo, our new golden boy!

Maybe Team USA's coach would like to coach the Habs?

7 comments:

Shari said...

I couldn't agree more! Poor Carey would have twice as many wins if his freaking team would start scoring goals for him like they do for Jaro. Poor guy can't catch a break. I watched the kid in Juniors and I know how much losing kills him. I just hope they can start to put it all together soon.

Thanks for your blog. I always enjoying reading your point of view! And I love knowing that you share my love of Price!

A Concerned Citizen said...

Agree totally about BGL. Dead to me. And why the hell aren't White and Pyatt playing?

Number31 said...

93 - Isn't it sad that White and Pyatt, even if they weren't scoring, did more on that line? Even with their negative +/-. White, Pyatt, and Conboy. Conboy to be mean, White to be fiesty, Pyatt to be Pyatt...

Shari - Thanks! Just heard on the radio that he went out on his own to do laps after meetings and took shots on net without goalie gear. I think he really wants to join the forwards. Hey if no one else wants to score, why not? Gorges can cover the net for him while he's up front for a shift or two.

Chester said...

I agree about White, we could rotate him and Max. I have a feeling he has an upside.

Shari said...

Yeah, I think he'd love that. I guess whenever he plays roller hockey in the off season he always plays forward. And during his last skills challenge with the Americans he actually won the accuracy contest. lol. The kid would rock it! Too bad goalies can't cross center ice.

Number31 said...

Actually I wish he would just launch the puck from his end of the rink. I bet he'd score from there ;)

Shari said...

I've been wishing for that since 2004! And he does have a fairly hard shot as well. He really could follow in Kolzig's footsteps then! I still wish Olie would have become the newest goalie coach in Montreal. He seems to have a good connection with Carey and I think he would have been good for him. Carey gets along with Olie and respects him. It shows - he still attends and helps out with Olie's charity in the summer.