Saturday, January 23, 2010

Habs 6, Rags 0: Zaba Daba Do


As seen on twitter (from yesterday): @Voros34 Me and SeanAveryDotCom in Montreal hitting the "Montreal Pool Hall" for a hotdog and poutine.

As seen on the ice, Voros going for Markov late in the 3rd meets our big, mean manchild Rhino who introduces him to his fists. See Georges? That's how you do it.

Wow, the Rangers really sucked tonight. Here I was looking for a good hard smackdown, and I got it, but it's kind of disappointing when the team you want the Habs to seriously smackdown don't even show any fight in them... I honestly don't know how the Rags got over 30 shots though. Someone trigger happy on the shot clock?

Credit bigtime to the Habs once again showing us their mysterious ability to play strong as a team and seriously shut down Gaborik, but even he seriously lacked that goalscoring bite he always seems to have. Actually other than a few missed nets for the Rags I think their best shot in two periods came from Higgy, who shot it wide anyway (same ol' Higgy).

The Gong Show started early with Avery being Avery, complaining all the way to the box. By the 3rd period, Torts was sitting there with this face of absolute disbelief. We didn't get a tirade after the game though, but his press conference was still kind of funny. (Better questions than Cassie Campbell's STUPID MORON UNPROFESSIONAL question... Seriously lady? Trying to cause trouble? Way to put Jaro in an uncomfortable position there). Serious ownage, thy name is Michael Cammalleri! (His dad was there cheering tonight). I wonder how much Matt Zaba was sweating as he watched Stunndqvist get pulled...

BennyPoo, we love you. Lapierre with a greasy goal. Gomez makes his old teams cry. Holy SuperPleky what an awesome goal. BIG night for Cammy and Spacek. Darche got another assist! Sergei came back and traded missed chances with Patches but also smashed someone on the boards in a typical Sergei-smashy fasion (though his foot problem was pretty evident all game).

It's nice when the other team doesn't bother to defend for once.

A full team effort, a full 60 minutes of effort, two nights in a row? Able to match two different systems consistently and not panic with the puck. Able to shut down the only scorers on two teams (minus that Parise cherry picking breakaway). Able to excel to almost perfection with special teams (though that lackadaisical routine on the powerplay drives my brother up the wall). Can they continue this? I think I've asked this before.

Dammit Habs, stop teasing us.

I love you, man!

"The Rangers were shut out for the second straight game and for the fourth time in seven contests." Ouchie?

No comments: