Saturday, January 16, 2010

Do a barrel roll!


Hey Slippy! Yea, you #47 manning the point on the powerplay. Do a fucking barrel roll.

Don't get me wrong, though. Sens deserved this win. They were the better team. But I'll rant anyway about my team.

The first time in like forever you guys are actually given proper powerplays, in plural, because the Sens were playing like a bunch of undisciplined idiots and you can't take advantage of it. Wiffed, soft passes easily picked off. Pouliot flubbing bad and turning over the puck to give them a shorthanded goal. (And don't get me wrong, that was a stunning goal... I don't even understand how that got past Price as he was way out covering the angle. It was like a curve ball, if that's even possible with a puck. Maybe it was remote controlled). And then there's Slippy... SLC has Kuba and Picard to hate on, we've got Slippy. He shoots it wide! He bullseyes a shin pad up close! He turns over the puck right by his own net and gives Price more problems than the kid needs! He never looks where he's going or where he's sending the puck! He makes me want to kick kittens!

I mean, holy shit. I've never seen a guy like him.

At least Pouliot made up for his facepalm error and scored an immediate reply.

I knew Mike Brodeur was going to be a pain in the ass anyway from what I've seen of him when he played the Bulldogs, and the Sens protected him well. Which was more than I could say for our poor goalie who will probaby have a stress induced heartattack by the time he's 25 behind this team. Why is it so difficult to exit the zone or clear the puck? Why is it so impossible to take a pass or make a pass? It's like they're stickhandling with saplings and two-by-fours. They also displayed zero intensity in what was an important game. The Sens had their full options when in our end, forcing Price to make difficult saves what with all the bouncing pucks, traffic, stick deflections and his own teammates. Markov also has to stop giving him the puck to start the breakout...

And the powerplay is becoming predictable.

Which brings me to Jacques Martin. I really don't understand his game plan anymore. The moment Habs got some momentum, he put out the crappy fourth line. I'm guessing he forgot White wasn't on the team right now. He's so concerned with matchups that he forgets about maybe, just maybe, taking advantage of something. I think I understand now why he hasn't done well in the playoffs. If Guy Boucher were on the bench for tonight's game, he'd be standing on it, screaming, and waving a pitchfork already having skewered Slippy with it. It's kind of sad that even Kirk Muller's screams for intensity go unheard or generally get ignored. I just don't understand how they have supposedly good, intense practices, yet come to the rink and suck out all the oxygen.

Oh and I don't give a damn about Guimauve's hattrick. That twerp checked out right after training camp probably when he realized the coach wasn't going to leave him chocolates on his pillow nightly. It's Mike Ribeiro 101: When you suddenly find yourself with zero protection from the Chez Nous media, you wake up and start playing else you find yourself in Europe or selling cars for H Grégoire.

Game tomorrow in New York. If the Habs lose that one, it's going to hurt. And we already knew the goalie of tonight wouldn't play tomorrow regardless of the outcome anyway so fuck off Bob Hartley.

And on that note, here, have some twitter humor:
@BruceGarrioch Leafs floating a package for Kovalchuk and Pavelic including Blake, Bozak and Schenn and Gustavsson.

By the way, you can see a Jerry Price goalie a mile away! Watching the Pens getting destroy by the Canucks, after chasing Curry away, Alex Pechurskiy has stepped in. He's a rookie Tri-City goalie and is currently holding the fort. I thought his style looked familiar and then CBC said he was called up from the Americans (and isn't being paid either). Sure enough, there he was on the roster. Even flashes the Price-like stickhandling too. Good pick for the Pens.

4 comments:

Shari said...

That little Pechurskiy is something isn't he? He's only been with the Americans (the junior team I watch) since Christmas break and he's been playing great! I'm hoping he's the edge we needed to go all the way.

A Concerned Citizen said...

I spent most of last night yelling at Bergeron. Pouliot may have turned over the puck, but Bergeron was ridiculously out of position, which led to the first goal. The whole point of having defensemen is so that when a forward turns the puck over, someone's there to mitigate the damage. Bergeron = defense FAIL. I hate him. I mean, really hate him. I think I'd rather have Brisebois.
Speaking of rathers, it's incredible that Jacques Martin has made me wish Carbo was still the coach.

Barf.

Number31 said...

Haha! I was telling my brother the same thing the other night when we were up there in the rafters that this team oddly enough looked better under Carbo if that were possible. But forget Breezer. I would rather have Weber in that spot. Same type of defenceman (PP specialist) with a tendency to flub the blue line but at least he has the drive to chase a guy and try to fix his errors. He also hits people instead of the softie MAB is.

Then again, I'd rather have Guy Boucher behind the bench. Or give the fucking team to Kirk already x_x

Eternal Pessimist said...

I'd almost prefer Breezer to MAB if I had to pick between the two. I'd much prefer Weber though.... he's apparently been improving a fair bit.