Laraque has been told to stay home. Well, his two minutes of ice time weren't doing anything anyway, and he usually just stood around and watched as the players he was paid to help protect got concussed.
Yea, I'm gonna tell you something about this. I was very happy when BGL was signed. But I don't know what happened to him the summer after getting that contract. I knew he wasn't the Laraque that played with the Oilers, but he wasn't even the same Laraque that played with the Penguins...
I'm not happy about the buyout. I can only hope he retires after realizing he's not going to get anything and focus himself on doing the good deeds he's famous for. On one hand, it's honorable of Bob to give a seasoned vet the no-movement clause because any classless organization would have waived him and buried his ass in the minors. But the Habs are all class. So yea, I was none too pleased of Laraque's spur of the moment morning outburst on how the Habs have no class to do this to him during these difficult times what with the earthquake in Haiti and all. However, Bob was gonna dump him LAST week, but decided against it because of the earthquake. They even offered him the option of taking time off to deal with it (like they did with Rhino to tend to his ailing parent). But how long do you wait eh? I've had colleagues fired from work as they came back from paternity leave even though they were the savior of the company (no joke, long story about quality assurance and idiots) and did nothing to merit their dismissal. But in Laraque's case, it was going on too long. Yes, he's a good guy, a good teammate, but it still hurts them and us fans when we see him not doing his job...not even checking anyone...not even reacting to being checked by a so-called willing partner. He didn't scare anyone.
Later he changed his tune on the earlier outburst. However he still thinks some team will want him. Bob tried to trade him to no avail...
So this is where we are. A 22-man roster. I don't much understand the cockamamie rules of the NHL but fucking hell Jacques, call up some Bulldogs and make yourself a proper 4th line. The Habs need bite. They need energy. They need White, Pyatt, Conboy or Neilson. Hell, Stewie could probably go there too. But Martin is too incompetent to use a proper ass-kicking fourth line and instead wants our big boy Rhino who was being groomed into being a meanie defenceman regressed into a confused child.
Good bye Big Georges. Please, just retire. You're past your due date. And it'll save us the cap space.
And fuck you, Jacques Martin. You're game plan makes me wish Guy Fucking Carbonneau was still coach for fuck's sakes. May Kirk Muller yell in your ear more as he tries desperately to energize this lifeless team.
Hey Bob. Hire me to coach. I'll do it for free.
In serious news, I send my well wishes to Jean Beliveau who was admited to hospital today after suffering another stroke. All news indications I've heard claims he's doing fine so hopefully he'll be up and about soon. Let us all hope so!
3 comments:
BGL was frustrating. Even if he didn't fight, a few bodychecks would have been nice, but I never saw it. Good luck to him.
That whole thing about Georges not fighting anyone lower than his weight class irks me. In other words, he wasn't going to fight smaller tough guys. He was paid to take on all comers and instead it was all about peace and love. Georges didn't do anything for the club.
When Sauer knocked AK46's brains into the glass, BGL said he had asked Sauer to dance but Sauer said no. He later told everyone he's not in his weight class. I looked up Sauer...he's the same height and maybe 10lbs lighter than Laraque, yet KOSTOPOULOS went for him (and he didn't fare too good). Same with Lucic...
Post a Comment