So now you guys decide to play defence? (Until you forgot in the 3rd period which was why Army scored, of all people). Though I don't know what's more disturbing: the fact the 4-1 T(h)rashers looked completely opposite from the team that made Brodeur look silly, or the fact the Habs could only really score one against such a muddy defensive coverage while keeping the thrashers to 12 shots for 40 minutes. I also find it disturbing that every open net ended up with a post, and that Jaro kept looking behind him even when the puck never got to him...My only conclusion: V!
That's right. The Habs are really some strange group of reptilian aliens hiding under a human skin seeking control of our world by trying to integrate themselves into our society via our fascination with hockey. Check your pets!
Meanwhile Jaro could have taken a lunch break for 40 minutes and the outcome would have probably stayed the same.
My theory of aliens having taken over the team would probably answer my questions on why the Energy Line isn't very energetic these days...save for Patches, who is playing with a separated shoulder yet actually manages to cause all forms of havoc. Though the effort is wasted after the zone is lost on the next line, and forced back to defend. Yay!
Apparently the T(h)rashers like to toss people badly into the boards. Good line brawl with Lapierre dropping Army (hiss) while Bergeron wobbled into the corner. And a clearly annoyed Gomez turning and attacking after he was sent head first into the boards.
I was not pleased with the powerplay that barely had any set up save for when Pleky was out there. Towards the end of the game though it just fizzled. I was pleased with the penalty kill though, that looked better than the powerplay. Keep that up, however... as Streit and John "Back Door" Tavares are coming in next.
So the Habs Aliens can only win in overtime this year apparently. I was not happy it went to a shootout, especially with Jaro in nets (who's method is "hope and pray they miss"). However we're lucky Kovalchuk appeared out of it (he was quiet the entire game actually, which usually indicates a loss for Atlanta...7 goals in 5 games, did nothing tonight except for one shot that was aimed right for the CH on Jaro) and shot wide, and Peverley just didn't know what he was doing on the shootout (Kozlov is their shootout guy, who was out for tossing Gomez head first into the boards). Even my brother was thinking Little would be one of the shooters before Peverley. Seriously? Gomez and Gionta > Kovy and Peverley for shootouts. Just saying.

W00T
- OK so defensively it's a little better, but the minute you forgot about it there was a goal...stop that.
- Goalies switched their water bottles for something harder: Halak's had smooth beer, Pavelec's had straight vodka.
- Guimauve, park your ass in front and SCREEN. They're not asking you to tip it wide, they want you to screen the goalie.
- I don't think I can take 1-0 games for the entire year. I also think Jaro and Price will have nervous breakdowns by December from it. Please someone else score!
- Andrei, how many times do you need to deke when you're just dumping the puck? Yes it's cool, but the puck went the other way...
- Winning goalie or not, I hold my breath whenever Jaro leaves his net to play the puck and suicide passes it to a defenceman's skates...
- Can we please win in regulation next time?
- Can we also just give Gionta the C already?

2 comments:
I love your recaps, because they're well written and informative for those who can't watch the games...
And I think you're right about Jaro's shootout approach: "Close your eyes and hope for the best". Watching his postgame interviews, he looks more and more confortable with the journalists. He's always laughing now. I like that.
Thanks ^^
Jaro's a funny guy.
Post a Comment