Thursday, October 15, 2009

Habs 2, Skates 2, Avs 1: I mean, we got guys...


I'm sitting here in what I think is a fever but I can't check 'cause I got no thermometer. It kind of feels like watching Gionta get a nice shot at the net only to have it bounce of Cammy as he gets crosschecked from behind to no call and then moments later while Cammy has caught an edge and has fallen, pokes at the puck but gets called for tripping a guy who came zooming in over his stick. IT'S THAT FUCKING AGGRAVATING GUYS! (Not you, Habs, I'm talking to the paid off Zebras).

Maurice Richard probably would have punched a ref by now
- Nice player intro. Pass the mic and call your name. And then...there he was... MARKOV!!! And then the sound cut off when he was saying something after the long applause. What did he say?! I can't read his lips! They don't move right!
- Hammer's 2nd on the PP. Yes, we know RDS, we finally scored first. Hallefuckinglujah.
- Price is the Big Red Ace now. His new mask looks good out there. Kept the team in it all night. Of course, he's also still the King of Weird Goals that are mostly bouncing off his own players but whatever.
- The Markovian Hole wasn't too bad tonight. I can say they actually looked capable for the first time to exit the zone. A little bit more aggressiveness would help though...
- Like you, Gui! WTF was that? You let a guy go by you (who flicks a puck towards the net and bounces it off Belle's foot to deflect it in). You take weaksauce shots at the net that do nothing and go nowhere. Did you even hit anyone tonight? Frankly you're showing me how useless you are becoming... And if benching AK46 gave him the right idea, what's your excuse Guimauve?
- I'm thinking Lapierre's ankle surgery has affected him. He doesn't look the same anymore. Shows flashes of it but I don't know what's wrong with him.
- Chipper is playing heaps better now. He and Dag have some good ol' Bulldogs chemistry going. Laraque is ok, but when he's not hitting HARD he's a facking totem pole.
- Puck control was better. The trick is simple, D to D, turn pass to Gomez who's going full speed ahead, he weaves into the zone like a basketball player and sets up.
- I like that you guys are shooting, but uh...shoot lower?
- SuperPleky's goal was simple: don't rely on the idiot refs to actually pay attention that the puck hit the netting. Unfortunately after that, the Avs got away with EVERYTHING until Darcy Tucker made it hard not to call something.
- I think Hal Gill needs a smaller stick. His stickhandling when he's trying to move a puck is akin to stickhandling with a two-by-four. He's not bad when he's poking and sweeping pucks away though. And his teammates understand his liability in skating and cover him well.
- Speaking of the Treant, that's some eagle eyed ref down there. I mean a toppled over Hal Gill gets caught for "holding" if you can call that holding. I didn't know two players tangling up was holding. I mean you missed the blatant crosscheck in the slot, the unnecessary punching of Gio after the whistle (roughing anyone?), the biiiiig long hook on Lapierre that stopped him from getting to the puck, the holds behind the Avs net, I didn't think the hit on Gomez was a penalty but I didn't like the extra shove to the head he got that could have been one. Are we using AHL refs now? The ones ironically sponsored by Great Glasses in Bulldogs games? Was Koharski Jr there? Did he need a doughnut?
- They also didn't notice 7 Habs for that last flurry with the empty net. Um...?
- And yes, Patches is a big strong kid. He looks cuddly too. Avs thought so too. Gave him a big hug that put him offside. I mean hugging a guy you can't stop is totally legal. Avs players just want some love I guess. I mean, they are the Nordiques...
- Anderson? Yea well, I dunno. He plays out of this world every beginning of the season. Check back towards December when you're yelling at him and Budaj to be better.
- That mad scramble at the end? Yea, wtf, anti-climatic forcefield.

Habs deserved better. It's the kind of loss that leaves a sour taste in your mouth because it ends up being about the refs controling a game poorly to the point where everyone leaves frustrated. I'm cautioustly optimistic for Saturday. But I saw some things that were promising! Yes, that's Martin's "system" that we saw in preseason. It does work when the players work. Also saw them actually win board battles. Shocking! I know! Now, how about yelling at Gui to move his fucking ass and hit something? Or yell at him to shoot better? AK46 doesn't need any more yelling. Gui cost us a goal tonight. Guimauve, you are officially the Goat of the Game.

But I'm happy SuperPleky is back, playing dirty, and ready to party.

1 comment:

Kibbles said...

I think Markov said "In Soviet Russia, we cheered fans!"

Ok kill me now.