You can call it a little bit of poetic justice, perhaps. What with the way TSN was just buying and selling everything Burke was feeding them with the pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, belligerence, and whatever. Most hockey fans didn't really buy it, or cared to buy it. Maybe Toronto fans got a little excited. They would have to, though. There's always a glimmer of hope on every team as the season starts.Then there was talk of the "big four" on defence would be better than the big 3 of the old Habs, which just made me ill. Especially considering Komisarek, Beauchemin, and Exelby were part of that (I have no idea who #4 is... Schenn?). And while Markov got knocked out thanks to a freak injury, Pierre McDouche was talking about how Markov will suffer without Komisarek on his pairing, and will be picking glass out of his teeth. By then it was just getting rediculous, and Habs fans alike knew better than that, as it was Markov who made Komisarek look good.
And now they're 0-5, with less points than the Islanders who are the same but got the loser point more in less games (hey, we're good neighbors and gave you guys the 1 pity point) and look like they're getting worse and worse every game. They're also down to the bottom of the goaltending bin. Hell I have no idea who's netminding for the Marlies anymore as they're both called up now.
Since the start of the season, the jokes have been flowing non-stop. It was funny for a while...but as the Leaves spiraled more and more...it stopped being funny. Right now? It's just sad.
What is funny is that Komisarek is at the center of it all. But even that's getting old and actually not surprising to Habs fans considering how well we know him. Only we were lucky our PK unit was able to cover that all up. Smoke and mirrors!
And while the Leaves could rot for all I care, it annoys me because I'm still waiting for an epic Habs/Leafs playoff series. But the schadenfreude is drying up. I don't like kicking people when they're down.
Unless they're Bruins, of course.
3 comments:
That's eerie 31, I was going to do blog post called "Karma" yesterday but didn't get around to it. As my mom used to always say, "there but for the grace of God go I", in otherwords never revel or laugh at other people's misfortune. It could bite us in the ass. But I will say that Burke should keep his stupid mouth shut and so should McGuire. That's where most of my mockery is directed, not at the leafs themselves.
Yea, I feel the same. I'll mock Burke and Wilson with glee, because I know they're full of hot air, and it was annoying this summer to hear it all. I'll only mock the Leafs during a game though.
It's not my fault Burkie called his team "truculent"....
Although I did start "the society of habs fans who feel bad for Vesa".... XD;
Post a Comment