Saturday, October 24, 2009

Habs 5, Rags 4: A love letter to Mike Cammalleri


Oh Cammalleri, how do I love thee. Let me count the ways!
I love thee for every shift and shot and when you take flight
Even when the game is feeling out of sight
I love thy ability and finess,
Even though thou art smaller than Latendresse
I would gladly throw my hat
And pray to the holy ink of thoust contract
I love thee freely, as the strides thoust take;
I love thee purely, as the goalies thoust brake.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's ruse.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
By the Holy Forum Ghosts of the Sainte Flanelle,
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life!
And, thank Bob, five more years,
Five more years, I shall but love thee better.

Eh. Who said poems had to stay in a rhyme...

W00T!
- Yes, that's more like it. The fight, the no-quitting, the patience... Sloppy at times, but when things settle down and regain controle, we have the sense and feeling you guys can beat anyone.
- Higgy is having a tough time in New York but at least he wasn't booed! Fans booed Avery instead.
- Rangers have the Cop Line: Callahan, Dubinsky, Higgins. Too bad O'Sullivan is an Oiler.
- Gomez > Gaborik. That is all.
- Guimauve is always out of position giving Chipper a tougher time.
- The Bergeron Bomb would be a fourth liner if Carbo were coach. Thankfully Mara seems ready to compensate for his defensive liabilities.
- Barn burner! Sure it got sloppy towards the third, but it was a damn entertaining at least.
- Is it just me or does King Henrik always look shaky when he plays the Habs...? He looked very surprised on most of the shots, and with the exception of one game last season (the Markov-less one) seems to always give up at least 5 goals. Interesting!
- And those illegal shoulder pads don't help you either.
- Yup, my brother and I closed our eyes and prayed when Jaro went to play the puck. It's not really his strength...

4 comments:

Eternal Pessimist said...

Thank goodness for Avery. Without him, the crowd might be tempted to boo poor Higgy. And Higgy is just having an awful time in NY.

And Hank has a special ability. It's called "let the Habs battle back into the game and ultimately win it". I love this ability and I hope he keeps it :D

Number31 said...

At first I thought it was because he would see Kovy and Koivu coming at him... Now I think he just generally sucks against the Habs.

admin said...

Oh Jaro!

Eternal Pessimist said...

Maybe he didn't get the memo that Bob blew up the team and we don't have Kovy and Koivu any more....