It was Win One For Eddy night. Eddy... Eddy... Eddy...
Good day for Canadian teams (terrible day for my Blackhawks)
- Back to back shutouts for Carey Price, despite CBC's best efforts to seriously sabotage this by yelling SHUTOUT every five seconds in the third period. He only made 17 saves but if he doesn't get over fast enough to stop Gaborik sneaking in backdoor early in the first, this game is probably a little different. And the less pucks he's stopping means the more pucks he's moving. Could have gotten another assist but Pleky's shot was blocked.
- Habs blocked as many shots as he saved to match.
- Stop calling McDonagh "Brian Leetch" because he's not. Really.
- I love it when Pleky scores a powerplay goal but that just means he'll be stuck on the point more. Until Markov comes back, anyway.
- Kids were well prepared tonight again. And I'm so proud of Steady Freddy with how well he's playing. This is a guy who said that he really enjoys bus rides in the AHL because they're fun.
- Holding the Rangers to 10 shots for about 40 minutes, keeping players to the perimeter, getting in lanes, and keeping the puck on the other side of the rink does wonders eh?
- Diaz interview on HNIC. I half expect him to start yelling "Toblerone was 3D FIRST!"
- Been a while since we heard the ol' "Biiiiiroooooooon" jeer.
- Sure Gionta's first goal was hilariously weak, but he did break one of Biron's goalie pads.
- If you think you can outsmart the refs by waiting to touch an iced puck by allowing the penalty to expire, think again.
- Nokie doesn't appreciate you trying to kill him, Deveaux.
- Erik Cole laughs at your free-agency predictions. And what a great heads up pass by Weber.
- I love goals in stereo. Gionta's second goal broke their spirit. And that's the Gomez we want to see.
I don't care how many goals Gomez doesn't have. He was never a goal scorer so I'm not sure why people expect this. He is, however, shooting more. But his game is getting the puck, finding the open man, and making that quick pass. The onus really is on his linemates to put the puck in the net. So long as he's doing this, so long as he's skating and forechecking the way he was doing last night, we'll be happy. When he plays like crap and turns over the puck every drive, that's when I'm fed up with him.
Hey man, did you see Gaborik play tonight? Yea I didn't really either.
![]() |
| Gaborik sighs: "Do I really have to backcheck? There's four of them..." |

5 comments:
The rangers looked like giant plyons. There was almost zero hitting by either side, this game was an anomaly.
Rangers outhit the Habs 28-15.
Nice recap. Like chocolate.
I miss hockey!
@31 depends if you call leaning a hit!
Post a Comment