The first period was spent trading pucks off the post. Seems like it took forever to get to intermission. My brother said they looked like they gave everything they had last night and didn't have much left tonight, especially towards the end of the period. Then Weber's shot killed Nabokov and in came DiPietro, reminding us all that yes indeed he's still alive! (Well, no, the shot didn't kill Nabokov but the save did).
The second period fell apart while I ate my dinner. For one, Budaj drew inspiration from Price and thought he could move the puck. Instead he flubbed it badly and Parenteau ended up with a wide open net. Habs freaked out from there on, melted down slowly. They did score two goals though! Who else but Patches and Cole. Amazing what happens when you give Eller scoring linemates eh? Problem was, Islanders scored 4 goals.
Both those periods seemed like they took 10 years to finish. The third period, meanwhile, went by in a flash. Captain America got them within one, but with Budaj finally pulled late for the 6th attacker it was facepalming amazing who Martin threw out on the ice. No Cole. Not Patches. Gomez was there though... And Cammy's one-timer got gobbled up by Hamonic's stomach as he craddled the puck carefully into the corner. Frustrating.
Hey, didn't I say if they would have put that kind of pressure on the Islanders they would have won? Well, they didn't. So they didn't win.
And Gomez did a 180 from yesterday. I really just think he's trying too hard... I'm all for sending him to Hamilton though. Either he revitalizes himself by finding whatever it is he lost last year (and help boost the kids down there who are currently shorthanded) or he stays there. Eller, regardless of his errors, needs to be a center. Sacrificing his production and growth for the sake of Gomez is detrimental to the team.
If they demote him, I will gladly buy a beer at a hockey game. Hear that, Molson?
In other news:
Apparently Gill had to be hospitalized because of his "undisclosed ailment". Holy fucking crap dude. Please get well soon!
So long, Eddy...

4 comments:
Fuck man.
We're up we're down. We're good we're bad We got awesome goaltending we got soft goaltending how many different faces do we have on this team. Jebus it's no wonder I drink the way I do.
Best thing Budaj did all night was skate off the ice for extra man.
I cant take the team seriously at this point. Lets see what we have with Vodkov back and hope we are still in the playoff race.
Well the East is so close that one win bounces them up to a playoff spot, and one loss sends them back down. Weee....
Post a Comment