Saturday, November 5, 2011

Habs 2, Sens 1: Almost forgot what hockey is...


Well gee I thought the season was over or something. All that fun, then BOOM, Habs are off for a week that felt like a year. Thank god they took a break on a winning streak or this city would have been bedlam.

1 - Ever see a goalie fistbump his defenceman after making two ridiculous saves? I missed Carey and Josh's bromance.

2 - Seriously, this is the 6-game winning streak and the number 1 powerplay in the league Senators? Did every team play their backup and forget about defence? (And I've seen most of their games...just can't remember them much, since I always fell asleep).

3 - A fly flew onto PK's shoulder as he made his way to the penalty box in the 2nd. Just your standard hockey fly.

4 - Sergei Gonchar must hate Anderson. Kept throwing Habs into him and nearly killed him in the 3rd by crosschecking Patches into him.

5 - Coach Walrus vs Coach Eggman. For real.

6 - WHY THE FUCK ISN'T KOSTITSYN ON THE POWERPLAY?!

7 - Erik Goal finishes, Cammy serves, Desharnais sets it all up down low. And that is a DD points streak too! (Four games, 1 goal, 4 assists).

8 - Lars Eller earning that EuroStaal nickname. YES POTVIN, HE'S EUROSTAAL SO FUCK YOU! Sick and unselfish heads up play for Kostitsyn's game winning goal. Made Karlsson look silly. And of course, what's an AK46 goal without him celebrating it on his ass.

9 - Kostitsyn nudging Nokie on the bench, laughing and smiling. I loves a happy Kostitsyn.

10 - That third period was unnecessary. Did no one have "Sens score all their goals in the 3rd" written down or what? Seriously, Habs will give me a brain aneurysm one day.

And Erik Goal waters Carey Price at the end. I love my happy Habs.

No clue why the Sens are wearing the old Sens "O" sweater. That's like the new Jets wearing old Jets sweaters.... Are you guys going to claim their Stanley Cups now too?

Four in a row! Might be a tall order to make it 5 tomorrow in New York but I hear MSG actually has proper ice now. Supposedly.

No comments: