Saturday, April 30, 2011
Aftermath
So Friday I made the error of turning on the radio and tuning in to the sports station. What can I say? I was bored with my music playlist. Since the season ended I avoided sports radio like the plague, even the micro-minute mention on CHOM (known as the only station my shitty alarm radio picks up), thinking I wasn't going to deal with this shit considering it's the Bruins and all I'll hear is a grand circle-fuck towards those fuckwits or how Kaberle is going to KILL the Habs on the powerplay. Yea Kaberle. He still sucks.
Basically I think I'm going to need a new playlist, STAT.
Whether it be the Bruins or their fans bitching about something even with the series over, or Melnick bitching about something, or McGuire being McGuire...It's a serious epidemic of stupid on air. So let's get a few things settled:
- Of course I'm disappointed. A season without a Cup is a failure. Cammalleri said so last year. But what can I do? You can't disparage the positives and you can't blindly throw your hands in the air to proclaim "THIS TEAM'S FUTURE IS SHIT!" after what you witnessed on the ice by guys in their first playoffs ever. This isn't the 50s or the 60s or the 70s where there were lesser teams to deal with and lesser games in a season. And I'm not going to sit here and cry over another year sans-Cup like some entitled prick.
- You also have no right to piss on this team's prospects when you don't even know who they are.
- By the way Dmitri Orlov is not the next Sergei Zubov. And by the way, the Capitals farm team of perennial Calder Cup winners got ousted by the Hurricanes farm team. Oh and the Hamilton Bulldogs are still in the Calder Cup race even though their best players were plucked away on callups and only Ryan White was eligible to return. Basically someone is doing something right?
- And the Marlies didn't even make the playoffs even though they were well in the race a few weeks ago then fell flat on their faces.
- Big time players perform in big time games. That's what Palushaj said, before he had a 4-point night (3 goals 1 assist) to bounce his team into the top. Minus missing a few games to the flu and injury, he's been HUGE for the Dogs this post-season.
- You may think it's whining, I call it vocal displeasure with some of the choice words that spewed out of the mouths of players who should have known better. If Thomas, or Recchi, had any class they would have declined to answer such questions the way Cammalleri, Gionta, even Gomez would have refused to go down that path. You as a professional have to be better than that. Especially when it's hypocritical of you to call Subban a "TRAVESTY" to the game when your own mates are throwing headshots and breaking necks. No one's career ever ended from a dive. And EVERYONE dives, including Bruins players.
- Or maybe they can all just dip their heads into the salty sea and never come back again. That would bring some piece and quiet.
- If Ben Eager is on your free agent list you are officially a moron.
- If you still don't understand Alex Auld's salary you apparently don't pay taxes. How much was Turco making by the way? Oh right 1.3 million.
- Pat from Ottawa? Perhaps you should apply to the Senators organization considering you claim to be such a fucking expert in how to draft, how to trade, and all the general organizational things that goes in to running a team.
- Yes I will be sad if Muller leaves and no his GM will not tell you the status of his employment because that's not how it works in the business. Perhaps, considering last summer they didn't want to even let him go look, they're trying to work up a plan with him? Or perhaps they will allow him to further his career as a head coach somewhere only after speaking together. It would be petty and wrong of the Canadiens organization to not allow Muller to do so. Naturally everyone would want him to further his career here. However I used to work for a company that wouldn't allow you to further your career elsewhere. We had clauses and a whole lot of loopholes to dive through. You know how that company looked? Like douchebags. Especially when there wasn't anything better within the company. You either had to take off a year of work before you could continue your new career or just be a worker bee like myself so no one really cares you've jumped ship. (Though they started blocking that when too many people were doing the same).
- And yes Martin's system is ass.
- But you know what? Randy Cunneyworth has better applied Martin's system than Martin himself! He even knows how and actually wants to apply a proper fourth line! Martin doesn't like the typical fourth liner unless they can contribute in some secret way. The way Melnick crows about it, he would absolutely love the work the Bonneau-Schultz-Masse line does. (Actually I like it more when Dumont's on it).
- And yes Melnick, Martin doesn't have a Cup. But neither does Barry Trotz. Same system, but why is he held in such high regard in your eyes? After all, Trotz was just some guy who never really played more than Major Junior. Or am I supposed to automatically respect a blowhard like McGuire because Mario Lemieux got off his ass and won a few Cups with Pittsburgh while he was their Assistant Coach?
- We can all agree that Hamr has to go while Hal "Reggie Dunlop" Gill needs to stay.
- All those questioning Cammy refusing to go to Team Canada: THE GUY HAS TWO SHOULDER INJURIES! LEAVE HIM ALONE! (Yes, two on the same shoulder). PK's healing the beatings he took. I don't even think Price was asked but he played all year so saying no is totally understandable. They have a commitment to this team first. If it was the Olympics, that would probably be a different story though...
- No Gomez will not be going to the AHL so stop dreaming. If he has another poor year, however, all bets are off though I'd sooner expect to see him traded to someone like the Islanders so they can meet the floor.
- And stop trying to will Kostitsyn out of town. Want a mea culpa on his brother? You'll be doubling it for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Like.
And you're right: the we've got some kickass players coming up through the system (not jacques').
Great posts all season N31.
Post a Comment