Saturday, April 16, 2011

Game 2 - Habs 3, Bruins 1: The heat is on


My dad isn't much of a hockey fan. Yet out of the blue while I was with my parents at the mall he mentioned some distress over whether the Bruins would turn tonight's game into a gong show. I shrugged, said "meh", and still stuck to my "Habs in 5". I thought the Bruins would win this one close, like a 2-1 win or an OT win. Then I went home and thought "nah, Habs are gonna win 3-1 with an empty netter". I was wrong. It was 3-1 without an empty netter.

Sing it loud and proud: Pre-game Olés were LOUD and early.

History will be made: Plenty of material tonight. Two goals in the first two minutes of play? Or Darche's first ever playoff goal on the powerplay. I vote for Darche.

Claude vs Cloud: That noise you heard was Claude Julien's head exploding. He could be this year's Bruce Boudreau. Do Habs enjoy frustrating various round coaches?

Heart: Habs are in that crazy 5th gear that happens in the playoffs. Even Spacek is throwing hits! Everyone is harping on what the Bruins are doing wrong and it's rare you'll hear someone give credit to what the Habs are doing right.

How you like me now? PK Subban is in everyone's head and has successfully driven Boston's top line insane to the point of ineptitude.

Rookie watch: First playoff point for Eller on Weber's goal. And on Pyatt's line he was throwing the body, forechecking with incredible pace... I think he threw 3 hits in 3 seconds.

Blood in the beard: Habs blocked 27 to Boston's 8. Who's committed to win?

Your ignorance is showing: "He's Danish! You buy that at a Coffee Shop!" Nice to know our tax money goes to this brilliance. I'd vote for Harper just to flush it out.

Oh Canada: Habs and Canucks, the only Canadian teams in the playoffs are both up 2-0 in their series (which sucks for my Blackhawks) and CBC is more concerned with the Bruins then switches very quickly to curling.

We don't just have rainbows, we have rainbows on FIRE! All of Yannick Weber's playoff goals (and points) were against the Bruins. That goal today was perfect.

Romanian gypsy curse: I swear Chara's dehydration problem was NOT my doing.

"It's not over. We got more hockey left to play". Spoken like a vet, PK. Habs don't care what the Bruins throw at them, and I'm loving it. So tell me, if a stacked team like the Bruins can't suck it up and play without Chara, why does no one mention what the Habs have gone through all year without Markov, Gorges and had a full lineup for ONE GAME ONLY and are currently playing in the playoffs with a patchwork defence that's basically on the back of some solid veterans and one kickass rookie?

Besides, any team who trades for Kaberle deserves to suck.

PS. Bulldogs also up 2-0 in their series against the Oilers. (Yes, the Oilers. Since they were eliminated, most of their roster went to the Barons). Today was a 2-1 win where the Bulldogs deployed The System and were outshot 14-2 in the 3rd. Just like BigBroHabs! Drew MacIntyre totally didn't care for your kitchen sink.

No comments: