Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Montreal Canadiens Drinking Game: Boston Edition


Habs play Boston tomorrow. Oddly enough Boston and Montreal are like two peas in a pod this year. Injuries up the wazoo, almost the same record in the win/loses column. Only difference is the Booins were shutout two games in a row. But you know what they say about our Habs! When you're in a slump or need a win, Habs are happy to help. And while they might have focused on defence today in practice, unless the D has an epiphany, I'm not very optimistic. Though defensive minded Rrrrryan White was called up (yay, Chipper's got a linemate) along with the hard working two-way center/wingman Tommy Pyatt.

But I never thought I'd say this... I MISS HAL GILL!

So to alleviate the pain, I propose the Montreal Canadiens Drinking Game: Boston Edition!

Drink!
...every time Guimauve tries a wrap around and fails.

...as Andrei Kostitsyn (if he's playing) attempts a play, loses the puck, and gives up.

...for every "miraculous" save Tim Thomas (if he's playing, Rask > Thomas) makes by just throwing his body in the general direction and prays he made a save. Take another one if the announcer makes it better than it actually was.

...one for every second it takes for Hammer to finally release the puck on a shot. Take an extra swig if it's a backdoor play on an empty net and ends up going wide. Watch those seconds tick away...

...every time MAB is on the ice. Drink furiously.

...if Jaro's in goal, drink every time he leaves his net.

...bonus drink for every goal post he gets.

...if Price is in nets, drink every time MAB positions himself in front of the net.

...drink furiously if he's being hung out to dry again.

...vomit when MAB fails to shoot from the blue line and falls over causing a breakaway.

...if we win a faceoff but lose the puck right after.

...if Gionta really is injured, keep drinking for weeks.

...if someone mentions the "Bob called Chelios" rumor during the game while the D is sucking goats.

...if there's a Steve Begin love-fest.

...keep drinking over all the Bergeron/Savard/Coach Julien love-in from RDS. Don't stop when they show their nightly Guimauve highlight reel of nothing.

4 comments:

Eternal Pessimist said...

Are you trying to make me die of alcohol poisoning? D:

Grrrreg said...

Well it's either that or hockey poisoning!

Chester said...

Drinking is important, at least untill The Ruskie re-appears. I'm going imported tonight.

kibbles said...

I'm starting up a new blog and I need a few contributors!

shoot me an email at boskibbles @ live.com if you're interested and I'll explain.

PS: go habs go!