Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Habs 5, BJs 3: Let's Go Bulldogs!
If you missed this game, you missed one hell of a rush. You also missed Exhibit A on Penalties Shall Not Be Assessed to Players in the Superstar Category regardless of their flying elbows. Oh wait. Chris Lee. No wonder.
But in this moral victory the Habs said unto Chris Lee, "FUCK YOU!", and never surrendered. Taking advantage of a tired young team regardless of how much Jabba the Coach yelled at them all and threatened to take away the Xbox, giving us free wings! Sure Rick Nash could single-handedly destroy a team with his barehands...and Fucking Umberger just won't diiiiiie... Actually Nash almost pulled out his deke-the-whole-team-and-score move, except he was met with an old Hammer.
FUCK YEAH!
- That's MISTER Carey Price to you. Un-fucking-real. And while Steve Mason had the joy of sitting happily behind the Ken Hitchcock choke-you-to-death team to a Vezina last year, Price will happily collect player stars for brownie points. (Everyone loves brownies).
- The BJs have been an inconsistent young bunch. Wouldn't have mattered who was in nets for them tonight.
- I have no idea what number J.T Wyman is!!! (Oh! It's 48!)
- Too bad the Habs didn't call up Ryan Russell. There would have been a Russell Brothers drinking game!
- Clipping penalty? Right up there with the phantom trip on Sergei's penalty (two minutes for watching a player fall). I miss a good hip check and Gorges' was a great hip check.
- Two point night for: Pleky! Patches! MAB! (Shocking, yes!)
- Game of the year for MAB. He didn't scare me too much tonight. And a shot from the point blocked by Rick Nash of all people...he didn't fall on his ass and actually stick checked him! I think I may get a heart attack from the shock of it all!
- While we may not see them score on a powerplay, they seem to score right after the powerplay is done.
- Cammy on the powerplay: it's like he's directing airplanes.
- How to rejuvenate Lapierre? Remove the Tender Gui, pair him with Sergei. That goal was awesome. (And welcome back, Sergei!)
- Line: Sergei/Chipper/Wyman. Hey look, it's Hamilton!
- Rick Nash, woah. I want one.
- Even the crowd was rallying. I do believe this bunch of boys are truly an inspiring bunch.
- Nasty slash from Vermette to the tender fingers of Brother Andrei. No penalty of course! Thankfully he lived.
- I can watch White and Pyatt shut down a period all night. Though I wish White would stop icing the puck.
- I can't decided which Treant I like more: Hal Gill or Jay Leach. Leach is a little more mobile though. Gill has the recent bling, and is pretty damn good looking...
- Rhino clearing the crease, schooling how it's done. One shove = 50 feet fling.
- Benoit Brunet has turned into a fucking sarcastic git. As the Habs were grossly outshot and being overworked for the first 2.5 periods of the game, he jokingly put the blame on Price for not making the save off a Raffi Torres crease block with a rebound onto Vermette's stick and started to chuckle. And while I can be Sarcasmo, Queen of the Dry Sarcasm, I don't really share that humor, especially tonight when it seemed like "blocked by Price" was on audio loop.
- I swear someone called Pyatt "Latendresse"...
- When Stralman scores, Toronto drinks.
- Price tried tossing his stick over the glass. I think he was too tired to lift his arms. It bounced back at him so he just handed it over to a lady practically crawling over the glass. (Give him a break, he's face a double load each game).
- There's $26million off the salary right now.
Best part of the night: FUCKING UMBERGER didn't score a goal!
I started my day stuck in a dark metro for an hour. All this after being stuck behind a convoy of slow trucks. It's like everything was preventing me from going to work. I made it anyway. Benoit Pouliot had a taste of the Montreal traffic coming to the game for his medical/to watch. Welcome to the team, kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That was a sweeeet victory. This team keeps surprising me. I thought they would lose to Washington, they won. I thought they'd lose to Detroit, they got a point, I thought they'd lose to Columbus, they won. So now of course, I'm fully expecting them to lose against Pittsburgh tonight.
There's just one little thing that makes me sad: Chips played less than 4 minutes yesterday. Poor guy. It doesn't look like he'll ever truly make this team.
great game, price once again was once again the reason they won. at least the team realized how hard he's working and helped him out tonight.
if the team keeps this up it really makes you wonder about the 23$ million eh.
that Price picture is hilarious.
Genius.
Post a Comment