Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Habs 3, Whalercanes 2 (Epic SO): Take this puck and shove it up your ass!


I came home for the best part.

After stuffing my face silly with copious amounts of sushi (SUSHI PIZZA: FOOD OF THE GODS!) my friends and I left Kanda all you can eat sushi and passed a truck that had TV screens around it (yea, my friend was so impressed he took a picture!) and I saw the score: 1st period Habs 1 Car 0. I went WOO! And then it switched to the 2nd period, Habs 1 Car 2. I went FUCK!

And as we stood chatting in the metro for what seemed a good half hour while train after train came and went, I couldn't help but think "Please, score. Please, score. I don't want to come home and hear that Price was hung out to dry again. I don't want to see the guys in another bag skate. I don't want to hear about another crappy outing. Just score more than one fucking goal!!!"

So I finally made my way to my car, parked behind the Burger King at Namur Metro, turned on CJAD with hesitation and heard...the score hadn't changed. I did hear Price making key save after key save, and Manny Legace using his fat to frustrate my already frustrated Habs. (Oh Carolina...just call up a kid if Leighton is injured now). Then I heard the only goal was caused by Super Pleky and the squire Master Maximilian Pacioretty converted. That made me slightly happier as I defrosted my car. Of course with like 5 minutes left someone had to take a penalty. Of course it was the Habs! But never mind because they almost scored shorthanded and then Andrei Kostitsyn just walked around the net and threw the puck in the gerenal direction and it walked through Fatty Legacy. Tied! Woo! Murray Wilson was ecstatic. I needed to use the washroom...

And then OT! This is the part I got to see. The only part that mattered. I saw Price beating people up in front of his net like he did long ago and it made me smile. I saw effort on the penalty kill after an accidental high stick made Spacek's life miserable. (Seriously, the man was a wreck while in the box. I just wanted to hug him). Kick save, pad save, glove save, dive, cleared. Shootout.

Carolina has a Ruutu and Jussi Fucking Jokinen. You do not want to go to a shootout with these guys... However Price was a cocky bastard and just scared the puck away. Perfect. And as the Habs tried to go five-hole on Fatty Legace with weak shots, when Lapierre stepped up I yelled "SHOOT TOP CORNER!" and he did, HUZZAH! Save of the year by Price to end it. Off the tip of his toe and on the fucking line. I swear the puck raspberried the Whalercanes. Then Price shot the fucker down the ice. And there was much rejoicing.

Max: "Hey TK, want to go for a beer later?" Tom: "Sure thing, Max. Can I get some bagels too?" Oh the formalities.

GAME!
- Price is the Master, and you will OBEY.
- And he was wearing the cowboys again!
- Pleky for president!
- L'Antichambre still says Lapierre saved the game. Maybe he did, but it was all Carey Price yo.
- I heard Andrei got mean and nasty like Sergei does. Then I saw it in the highlights. Sergei, never knew you came back!
- Sergei Samsonov looks like an elf. Brind'Amour is still fugly.
- Eric Cole may be the ruiner of our lives, but without hif BFF Eric Staal, he's pretty harmless.
- That shootout was EPIC. And long legs for the win.
- Guimauve is still pretty useless, and I refuse to wear his shirt until he HITS SOMEONE more than once. Twice even. Four time? OK, but I'd like him to do it for more than one game. Not asking you to be Guy Lafleur...Just be like Dustin Byfuglien or whatever.
- I was wondering if TK would fight anyone.
- The bench in the shootout was great. Everyone was on the edge of their seat. And when it was up to Price to end it, they were practically in each other's arms, all waiting to see what'll happen. Reminded me of 1993...
- Gionta come baaaaaaaaaaack ;o;

Put those points in the bank. Who cares if we beat the worst team around. Fatty Legace almost stole the game by being wide... I'm still calling this season "1993"!

4 comments:

A Concerned Citizen said...

Brind'Amour definitely wins the ugly prize.

Eternal Pessimist said...

If Turtle-Pleky is president (which I totally endorse) what does Pricey get to be?

Chester said...

OK not to be Debbie Downer here but that was like a seven shot shootout with the Carolina F'in Hurricanes who were playing their third string goalie and who had anybody that mattered hurt and out. Phriday we play Over-Chiken in Over-Chiken who plays on a real team. After that the Dead Things are going to come into town and make us look stupid just like they always do. I'll be needing a 26 of Belvedere for that one. I guess we have to build on the small things.

Number31 said...

Price is the Master. Doesn't need to be President.

Another bonus to watching victory pulled away from the Whalercanes: get to see Paul Maurice go away grumpy. It's those small things that make it all good.