Friday, September 18, 2009

Truculence


Um. Well, that was entertaining for a 2-1 victory. And the Canadiens are small how?

Any teeth left for tomorrow's game?
- Three As of the night were Gill, Gionta, and Metro. Or a giant and two oompa loompas.
- Eric Neilson got the punching hat trick. Though I can't say the third was actually merited because Bass jumped him from behind and tackled him. Tossed for keeping his gloves on? Ref needs more training.
- Gotta say though, all that fighting and Neilson didn't have a mark on him.
- And we saw emotion from Coach Martin! There was a twinkle of annoyance in his eye when Neilson was tossed for "control reasons", before he sent Metro to go talk to the ref.
- All jokes aside, he does actually talk behind the bench. Something people said he didn't do.
- Brother's observational comment of the evening: "It's weird seeing THREE forecheckers wearing red. What is this?!"
- Hal Gill standing next to Brian Gionta: the odd couple. Absolutely hilarious.
- I BORN A GIANT!
- Halak got the help of three posts. Good to see him back in true form.
- Sandman needs rebound control. Badly.
- Argh Ben, why'd you change your number. Now I forget you're out there!
- Fool me once, ok. Second attempt? Goal. Ben woke up the crowd.
- Ben also got a fist pump from Coach Kirk for that goal!
- Heatly who? I'd rather have Choochoo and Michalek if I were a Sens fan.
- I didn't know Robert Lang shrunk and changed his number to 21? Me miss empty net. Woo!
- Ooooh but it was nice to see them enjoying themselves. They played patiently, threw manrockets, and didn't shy away from intimidation tactics. And when Gionta couldn't hit the empty net, everyone had a good laugh on it. Though I gotta ask... Clouston? If you're pushing them to playoff level in September, I wonder how worn out they'll be by November... Not that I care.
- This game was Brian Burke approved.

In other news:
- I had a feeling that "cross check to the face" thing was the Remparts/Juniors game... Fuzz it out all you want. We all know who he is. Courts ruled it "assault with a weapon". Hello Mini McSorley.
- Speaking of hockey attacks. Fuck you, Phaneuf. If Morency was suspended for jumping off the bench and going after the caveman, Phaneuf should have been suspended for an attempt to injure. Oh wait he plays like that all the time!
- And today? Chimera was taken off in a stretcher...
- Brian Burke's hockey will be tried in the courts. No? Oh. They got Phil Kessel. Boston is retarded. And Kadri will now be lost in the system.

No comments: