Monday, December 22, 2008

A week off is lovely, but two weeks is even better...

I start my Christmas holiday early this year, since EA gave us all a company wide gift of an extra holiday off (the 24th) attached to our normal week off. And since I've got a good few days left in my vacation bank, as I only really take them in small bursts, I decided to stack on Monday and Tuesday. So that gives me TWO weeks. TWO! Which gives me plenty of time to paint my new apartment, argue with my father, and avoid the shopping centers at all times past the lunch hour. I don't like Christmas time...

But this is the week the Habs also have off, again. Which isn't a complaint, actually. The injured can heal right, the boys can see their families, and we avoid the evil December 23rd game that always ends badly. The only hockey on TV right now is the Penguinos vs the Buffaslugs (which is currently tied at 2). Maybe I'll go see what's up later. Not much else to watch, except the Border which I have missed most of this season so I'll just download them later.

To cure the boredom, how about some Habs goofing around?


Oh ya, the awesome "Get to know your Canadiens" thingy has "what was your favourite toy when you were a kid" for the recent question. Dandy is officially cool for saying Transformers.

The Bulldogs left for their Christmas break on a high by beating the snot out of the Hartford Wolf Pack (Baby Rangers) 6-2. Desjardins has been on a tear since replacing Denis as he went on callup duty, and facing nearly 40 or more shots every time. BEAUTIFUL Pacioretty move on Desharnais goal. Do yourself a favour and go see the highlight on the AHL page. (And he assisted on both of Desharnais' goals, which happened in a row). Anderson, Henry, Trotter and "Wayne Gretzky" (according to Jancevski) Lehoux got the other goals.

Soon! Soon the World Junior Championships will roll! Habs are represented in three countries with Kristo (the Count) and McD for the USA, Torp for Sweden unless he gets too many penalties for steamrolling players like that awesome hit he did on Pietrangelo in the exhibition match, and of course the burgeoning Bobby Orr PK Subban for the home team. Picard and Tokarski in nets is a nice set of goalies. Good luck, kids!

No comments: