Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cap 2, Habs 1: I didn't see it


Didn't get to see tonight's game because I was setting up my new apartment for some painting tomorrow. I was at the gas station filling my tank when the Kovalanguay line buzzed Varlamov's net and could do nothing more than freak him out by hitting the goal post twice. Got home in time to see AK46 battle a neutral zone trap all by himself in an attempt at breaking forward so that Halak could leave for an extra attacker. Too little, too late! But it's the bad decisions that are just killing the team. Like why would anyone slapshot a shot while right in front of the net instead of tap it in. Again, Breezer was the only one who could score, and I'm torn with forgiving him for his own bad decisions on defense to praise him or to just continue chewing him out for those bad decisions on defense. Hmm... what to do...

Ben Maxwell has joined the crew though. He's a pretty impressive rookie from what I've seen of him in camp and with the Bulldogs. I wasn't expecting much from his first actual NHL game so maybe the next one will earn him some points, but the little I caught at the start of the game before I went off to my apartment... well, he was aggressively covering his man like mad!

I'd like to see Greg Stewart up here though.

The major bummer though is the clinic is filling up. Koivu, Higgins, Dandy, Price... Komisaurus is coming back soon though. Thankfully these are happening NOW instead of a week before April. Nevertheless, it's still a downer. Get healthy soon, boys! And give Price some flu shots! Or at least some chicken soup. That's a guaranteed cure-all.

For dessert...
I just caught a bit of the Oilers-Canucks game. First shot on goal and it's a goal for the Oilers. The Sandman doth look shakey. I hear Luongo isn't doing very good with that injury of his either... And there were two fights already. Upon seeing Stortini in the box for his fighting major, my brother said "Where'd they find this guy, frozen in the ice?" Grog pass puck!

And Roloson skates funny.

No comments: