Friday, December 19, 2008
Gui gives us wings! Habs 5, Slowers 2
Tomorrow is my last day of work/Christmas party and then I'm off for 2 weeks of painting and decorating. Habs have two more games before their own Christmas break. So how's about a good old skilled ass kicking of the Flyers? Oh how happy I was dragging my tired self to my car at Namur only to turn on the radio and here THREE-ONE CANADIENS as I drove to the gas station for some much-needed window washer fluid. It capped off my rather boring day on a high, that's for sure.
Sometimes I wonder who fixes games...
- Apparently tis a Centennial celebration tradition to have the Forum video taped anthem play every Thursday. I love it!
- D'Agostini, showing that you can start playing hockey at around 16, get drafted by the Habs in the 6th round, and make it to the NHL and score score score. Either that or he'd much rather be here than in steeltown.
- The Komisaurus returneth! And get's a point, throws the hits, cleans up the trash in front of Jaro. That hip check on Sbisa was classic.
- Oh my rebounds, Jaro! He was really fighting that puck tonight. I'm sure he has a horseshoe hidding in the back of his helmet.
- Gui!Gui!Gui!
- Speaking of Gui! he probably played his best game of the year. It was building since he came back from the pressbox, and showed in the Whalicanes game. If he can continue like this, at least for a bit more, I'd say he has finally found his game. Project completed? It's definitely getting there.
- Officials need to get out of the fucking way faster.
- Gaff of the night: Bouillon swatting a puck that was going high and wide anyway right into his own net.
- Asham broke the glass. Literally.
- CBC sucks. Who the hell gave Milbury a spot to do colour commentary on a Habs game?! Calling temporary captain Kovy a lazy bum who doesn't buy into the team plan? Fuck you! Right after he scored off a nice feed from Begin. Calling Habs lucky the Flyers didn't show up instead of mentioning how slow they skate and how easy it was for the offense to walk through them? Not mentioning how many times the Flyers shot high and wide? Should have put him on the 8-5 Bruins smackdown on the Leafs. In fact, I'd rather CBC just stay away from Habs games. Nice that it gives them national coverage, but if it's just an open forum to bash a team way better than anything these guys played on, then I'd rather they stay away. TSN could have taken it, instead of football.
- PJ Stock also stinks. Kovy won't use the words "me" or "I" when talking about a role he's playing with his linemates for his team.
- Thankfully RDS has Coach Demers, even if he is really really loud.
- KOVY! WINS! FACEOFFS! He had 2 for 2. What CAN'T he do?!
- TWO! TWO POWERPLAY GOALS. So, I'm guessing that's our quota for December. Sergei with his bullet, and Gui!
- Poor Pleky. Shoot the puck down the rink to the empty net and misses by an inch. As it went, fromt he other camera angle you can see the guys raising their arms to cheer for it to go in. Alas poor Pleky, he cannot buy a goal today.
- FARK injury addition: Andrei Kostitsyn in the leg after being sandwiched. Maybe that was why Sergei was getting snappy. Honestly, I wouldn't want to piss off Sergei. He seems like he's itching to punch someone in the face.
- Almost got too punch Hartnell, but I think it was just a roughing tango.
- At times it seemed like the Canadiens had to slow down to keep pace with the Flyers in order to cover them better. When that happened I felt like I was watching the game in bullet-time. Slow!
- Apparently every normal hit resulted in a gang up from the guys in orange. Even when you slip and collide with someone. Sorry, but frankly the Habs were way too focused to even care to wonder about it.
- Fruit Punch has developped forchecking.
- Hmm... Breezer was limping off the ice and down the hallway after the game. Could he be injured!? Maybe we can get more callups! Or bring Maxwell back. Plays better defense than our resident veteran.
- As traditions go, the Flyers seem to have a mantra for who can win more while playing the dirtiest. If the Habs had so many penalties against the Divers on Tuesday, what was going on with the uncalled mass of blatant penalties from the Flyers. Yes our powerplay sucks despite getting two goals tonight, and the Flyers are exceptionally good with potting shorties, but if you don't call these they'll just keep doing it. Put your foot down, be a man! The worst was the player that decided to glomp Pleky. Was it possible for a quadruple minor for too many men on the ice/holding/interference/hooking? Or did it baffle the minds of the officials so much that they just didn't know what to call it. I mean, it took Timonen to shove a stick into Tanguay's skate to force a call and even then it looked like they were hesitating. Sometimes it makes you wonder if there isn't anything shady going on... like, illegal betting maybe?
Other stuff:
- Why's Burke getting all huffy? Bruins paste two Leafs goalies 8-5. I'm guessing Burke will be shopping for some puckstoppers or maybe they'll see Pogge next year, but what do you expect when you got a career backup as your number 1 and an old dude behind him? Actually the Bears also pulled their goalie for blowing that 5 goal lead they had. So...Fernandez closes the door? This is the Twilight Zone!
- Dallas seems to be doing better without Avery, until they went to Columbus. Won it in a shootout 6-5 though, and guh Mickey Ribs scored the shootout winner...
- Heh, watching the ref send Crosby to the box for attempted roughing who in turn was arguing about it was kind of funny. But 6-3 Penguinos over the Thrashers. Yawn.
- Detroit 6! San Jose ZIP! Um... well I guess it's time for Nabby's yearly slump month.
- I don't give a damn about Sundin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment