Monday, December 1, 2008

According to the jumbotron, they're called the "Trashers"

Well, I nearly got hit by a car this evening. I was well on my way crossing the road in the Namur parking lot area when a car sped around the corner by the Walmart. Believing that people stop at stop signs when people cross roads, I kept going, because well fuck it I was already halfway across the street. The car dipsy-dooled in front of me, not slowing down and sped off towards the...Aldo warehouse shoe store? Oh what a shoe of an emergency. I nearly kicked the car, but didn't, instead hollered a "WHAT THE FUCK?!" as it went off narrowly missing my toes. Not like I was wearing dark clothes either as my jacket is a light beige. This is probably the 100th time I have almost been killed by people at that stop sign. Most of the time it's early morning nutballs speeding into the Tim Hortons. The best was the Mercedes though. It had a "JESUS" liscense plate. I wanted to kick that one.

Another thing that made my day suck was the sudden realization that Stephane Dion wants to overthrow our democratically elected government and assume power after he quit the Liberals and suddenly came back. No, please, go away. And take that evil looking numskull Ignatieff with you. Which leads me to some confused course of thought... How is this different from what we fight against in various 3rd world countries where some guy walks in and takes over a government there? Oh, right, we don't kill anyone.

Anyway, Carbo's line juggling again for some reason. I won't ask why he puts our 3 slowest players together, or why he separated the obvious "keep the brothers together and shove them next to a random center" but whatever. We welcome the Atlanta T(h)rashers to town tomorrow night for some fun in the...well I'd say snow but that hasn't been sticking lately. Maybe we can borrow their Kovy and pair him with our Kovy. That could be a fun line! But getting their Kovy out of Atlanta would require some Grand Team Extortion, as their GM is a blood sucking git when it comes to trading and I bet he'd be eyeing a goalie and a few of our wonderful futures. Hiss~ keep it away! Exhibit A would be the trade for Hossa coupled with their current inconsistencies in the net...

My brother asked me what the fuck is a "Thrasher" and I told him it was the state bird of Georgia. He didn't belive me, but it's true! Though why their uniform is powder blue, I'll never know. Maybe they'd look nice in brown and white?

No comments: