So, it's welcome back from the holidays and the Habs allow 34 shots at Pricey. Hey, doesn't sound too bad for him. I'm thinking those blue sweaters reminded him of the Leafs, who usually launch a good 40+ shots his way. It's ok. Gets you back into the groove fast. I also believe Andrei asked for goals for Christmas. Well here's a hat trick, kid! Must be how it works...get your knee taken out by Hartnell and then come back with 3 goals. I don't know if I should thank that ape, honestly. That makes me feel dirty...Rise from your grave!
- Habs played their Detroit tape to contain an aggressive and rather desperate to win Pens force. I know the 0-5 defense play looks like no one is doing anything but it's really the only smart way to try and contain some players. And if they break through, then it's all Price. It's also why the Habs got lots of icing calls when trying to launch the other way.
- ZombiePleks can now change his name to ZombieAssistPleks. The rinse/repeat feed for Andrei was bizarre though.
- Someone taught Gui! how to forecheck. I'm proud of his progress this year.
- Sergei needs better linemates. I'm thinking...Lang and Dagger, because his passes aren't going to anyone. At least his defensive game is still being used.
- I was kind of sad Patches and Chipper didn't play (and apparently went back to Hamilton already) but what can ya do eh?
- Finally Crosby gets a real good goal. Nice wrap around.
- Those boards should be checked. Nearly gave Fleury a heart attack on that weird one...
- I really like Malkin but I think he's doing way too much on his own.
- Fleury only faced 19 shots because the team was playing defense. Well, not much else they can do while on the PK anyway.
- Kovy confusing players and commentators. "He'll dump it in and go for a change--no wait, he's still going!"
- 1 Kovy check, revenge on being checked. At least it wasn't an elbow. (Glad he stopped doing that).
- Penalties were called right, though I know people will probably whine about what Gui! did to Crosby in that scrum behind the net, but it wasn't called. Crosby tried to hit Gui! later soon after, but just bounced off him and Gui! still had the puck. Must have picked up a few balancing tricks from Laraque since I've noticed he's pretty solid at just deflecting hits while doing board work.
- I think we had 1 power play.
- Um...That was an interesting save by Fleury on Lapierre's attempted shortie though I think Fruit Punch just shot high anyway.
- Shot blocking was good, no one deflected pucks into their own nets, and this time Cube didn't swat a puck in either.
- Game made me sweat.
- Priceberg steals games. There's a reason why he's the Number 1 guy and why Huet was traded. This is just one of those reasons.
- I love hearing the Carey chant in other cities. THIS my friends is why we love him. Now, keep voting.
In conclusion: Price now has his own video game.

Other observations:
- I can't watch the Spengler Cup because I can't tell what is hockey and what is advertising. It's disgusting...
- Scott Hartnell broke his toe. The big one.
- I'm thinking of going downstairs to watch the Sens/Flames game. Yes, thinking about it...
No comments:
Post a Comment