Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Habs 3, T(h)rashers 1, Price 40, The System 1

My what empty seats you have, Atlanta...

Sometimes I think it's sad there's more people who jump out of their seats to cheer when the visiting team scores. Then I remembered who the Habs were playing. So fuck it. Hope you like Winnipeg, Evander.

Perhaps the move will shut up guys like Anthony Stewart, who's ridiculous crosscheck on VETERAN OLD MAN HAMR after he shoveled the puck to the corner once the end-of-period whistle blew because he raged it was a slapshot at him. And they say PK is disrespectful? For one if Hamr COULD muscle a slapshot, he'd actually be a danger. The fact is your statement rings the bells of sour grapes as Hamr can't physically slap the puck enough to get any velocity on it.

Stewart's probably just angry Cage Face made him pay for it.

Down at the Opry: Carey Price, center stage. Flu be gone, 40 saves, first star. Didn't seem too pissed he lost a shutout bid. That's win number 29!

Hammer Horror special: Coach Ramsay looks like he belongs on Mummies Alive. And what's up with the 5-man forecheck?

EA Sports mispronunciation: Pacioretty IS the power forward this team's been looking for. And he's a REAL power forward. Not those "goons" they call power forwards, or that pillowy soft Penner... Two strides and he's down the ice already. That backhand usually works too.

BOOM: Yes they were outhit and outshot, but did you see any effective hits like the sequence where White went to hit on the forecheck that setup Mara for a perfect open-ice hit which turned over the puck and set up Desharnais for a scoring chance that was negated by the Thrashers taking a penalty on him? It's more about what you do with it that counts more than the stats.

Remember which side you're on: Momentary lapse on Sopel's part to suicide pass the puck that led to Antropov's goal.

You suck: Always a special place reserved for the officials right here. Especially the official who pushed Desharnais over. We know who you're rooting for. Also hey O'Halloran? WHAT IS INTERFERENCE?!

Too many men: Only a problem in hockey.

Trust: Joined at the hip, Gomez totally knew Gio would get that weaksauce clearing pass of his for the empty netter.

I see someone's got a funny bone: The match up was Eller vs Maxwell. Hi, I'm the guy who stole your job. You mad bro?

Backhand to the empty net.
The Captain delivers.
Two points in the bank.
Off to Florida they go.

4 comments:

Chester said...

Man you could hear crickets in there ... I'm just curious, in Merica, can you bring your gun to the game,or do you have to check it at the door?

HeadHunter said...

I thought I was seeing something when Gionta got the forearm shiver from the official. There really wasn't even anything that he could have been waiving off to have his arm extended was there?

Number31 said...

I made a mistake. It was Desharnais. Psst ref, your orders are showing.

Chester, from what I've seen, they got detectors at the door. Saw in Dallas, even the players go through checks D:

HeadHunter said...

Ah so it was. I was so confused as to the reality of it that I made the mistake of misidentification myself. Nice pull on the link. How big a stink would this have been if MTL lost? I suppose we are used to it by now. As is the league as they don't even try to be subtle with officials screwing the Habs over. It is more or less 5 on 9 every game anyway.