I need a hug.
I didn't even care about this game and could care less about the outcome. My mind was elsewhere. Frankly I've been angry for two days and my anger just skyrocketed with the garbage and bullshit the NHL, the NHLPA, Gary Bettman, and all the petty little TSN/CBC/other media sackweeds with their tut-tut two-bit holier than thou nonsense that I just want to vomit.
And to Zdeno Chara? Bording penalty today. Hit from behind. But he's not a dirty player with a record. Obviously you forgot the part where you have to GIVE a suspension first for someone to have a record. (And he does have a suspension by the way, for a fight).
I don't care who the coach or captain of this team is, there's no way they could possibly fight through this so quickly after all that happened. Yes, we know Patches is out of hospital and resting at home. The kid is amazingly strong but also severely hurt more by the NHL's inaction towards Chara. His teammates were equally livid and hurt by the NHL essentially not giving one ounce of a damn. And tonight? Bruins fans gave Chara a standing ovation.
Wow, that's class.
Habs fans give a standing ovation to a guy who returns from a fight with cancer. Bruins fans give a standing ovation to an oversized lug that nearly killed a kid.
You go, NHL. Wonderful.
So while Gary Bettman twitches his head like a petulant child trying to prove he's right and you're wrong and doesn't even care his fight for the Phoenix sale is against State Constitution, one of the future stars of American hockey lies in bed and waits to recover. All while he lies to congress and tries to sell the game to American children. You can't make this shit up.
Price really wanted to win this game. From all the comments I heard from the players, he was the most vocal and the most visibly pissed. Gomez really wanted to win this game. You can tell how angry he is when he stares off into the distance and just rings off the whole book of clichés. They didn't look too happy during and after the final siren. Pouliot was trying to be Max Pacioretty, but as we and he discovered, he's not. Offensively he's lost. Skating, he can't skate anymore for some reason. Defensively, well he was responsible for 2 goals against. Eller scoffed at it all and called it the lowest intensity game he was ever in.
By the way, I will be attending the rally for stronger penalties concerning violent, reckless hits in the NHL in front of the Bell Centre next Tuesday (next home game). If you're in town, come join us.
No comments:
Post a Comment