Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bombs away: Habs 3, Sharks 2


Gorges! That's 3 goals! What the hell, man?!

You know, there's nothing more satisfying than walking out of your car to the tune of "first period is over, 3-nothing Canadiens". Yes I had other plans for the evening, which consisted of heading over to Clydes for a friend's birthday who's born on a day that only exists once every 4 years. I listened to the game on my way there. Actually I just missed Markov's PP goal when I came back in from the bank, but my brother's description of it was that it left a vapor trail. But nothing makes me happier than to hear Gorges score a goal. Pinching up very precisely. My car reverberated by the jeers of "Boooooooou~cheeeeeeer". And then Mon Capitain finally gets himself a goal. Sounded like a lovely play. Also heard BGL put the smack down on some guy who still wanted more later.

Naturally being at Clydes, the game was on tv. I then got to see the Habs poop the begining of the second with two quick goals against. When a late arrival of my friend's came in to see the score, his reaction was one of WTF, but I explained to him how this came to pass. Then we had the joy of watching Jaro flop on his back and Markov save his ass a few times, Komo with his fucking clearing passes up the middle to someone's face, and a few goal posts of doom...

Overall, it was a good first period but I didn't expect much considering the guys played to overtime the night before. I want Metro to scoooooooore. I also want them to stop with the lumpsided number of shots. I also wanted TK or Patches to punch in that empty net. Or Stewart. He looks desperate for a goal.

And I enjoyed my Lemon Mousse cake
- Carolina pooped themselves, lost 5-3 to the brown bird of Georgia. Though the highlight they showed mid-game looked like it would have been a Carolina rout. For the sake of the East, I thank you Atlanta.
- Rangers got Torts his first win by picking on the Avs. They're good for something I guess.
- Leafs, Sens, OT win for the Leafs. Meh.
- Buffalo appears to be in hell.
- Detroit...? Uh... 8-0 Nashvilled (sic). Rinne was better than Osgood and Conk combined.
- Earlier this afternoon Thomas dropped his horseshoe and bobbled an 80-footer by Semin in overtime. YOU ROOOOSE!
- Brodeur does 15 saves for a 7-2 smack down on the Panthers. Yawn...
- I came home and my broher was watching the Oilers/Wild game. It's way too dull to keep watching no matter how much I like Clutterbuck.

2 comments:

Eternal Pessimist said...

I wanted D'Agostini to get the empty netter... he deserved a goal...He did most of the work on Gorges goal. Anywhoo...The Leafs winning was good for me because I'll be in Sensville and I'll have full gloating rights now. Bwahahahahahaha..... ahem... It was a good win even if Thornton thinks Halak only did "well". Like Boucher did bucket loads better?! C'mon... But I can't pick on Boucher because at least he admitted that Halak was great.

Number31 said...

Sharks so big and strong but can't hit any wide open nets. Habs at least hit two.

I'm thinking Dagger pots one in Buffalo. C'mon Dagger, DO IT.