
Glen Metropolit, tossed in at the deep end, takes the opening faceoff, is there during the screw up that leads to the first goal against, takes a high sticking penalty of incidental contact, was robbed on a penalty box exit breakaway, and then jostled by his old teammate after a whistle in front of his old net. But as the game went on, he looked more and more comfortable with his new mates and did an exceptional job holding the Flyers in their own zone for what seemed like a good minute or two, until finally panic ensued and a blue line battle went offside. Good work Metro. He seems absolutely thrilled to no longer be wearing that day-glo orange. (I don't remember the old Flyers colour being so...bright). The first person to greet him at the dressing room door? A smiling giant Carey Price.
I celebrated with two delicious raspberry turnovers
- PYLONS! 0-1 at 28 seconds.
- HAMMER! 0-2 at 8 minutes. Good god it felt like one of those nights.
- And then over the course of 2 minutes the Habs scored 3 goals. Naturally I missed them all because the food came. So while my dad was complaining about the suckitude of my Habs, I got to interrupt him with "C'EST LE BUT!!!" three times and it felt lovely.
- I did get to see TK pull the moves and split the D like Kovy does regularily. Even Pierre Houde was like "What? Kostopoulos?"
- I don't know what rank the PK is but so far it's been abolutely amazing these past few games. Especially the 5-on-3. I hope they don't get complacent with the knowledge of how good it is and keep at it.
- RAR PENALTIES
- It ain't a game until you get one Breezer Play. Naturally it just had to be on Gagne. 3-3- Patches is the big power forward all you annoying forum fans have been screaming for. Lookie, he picked up another assist tonight.
- Stewart is a beast.
- Higgins and Koivu had one mad cycle on a Flyers clearing attempt that would have made the highlight reel if Niittymaki hadn't made the save.
- Every time Halak plays the puck behin his net is duck for cover.
- Koivu kicked ass on the faceoffs when it really mattered. Won 5 in a row during the OT powerplay.
- What's better than a Breezer Play? Why of course, the Schneider Play! 4-3 and he Ovechkins himself into the glass.
Conclusion: Play like this against the Sharks tomorrow and you won't be so happy after 60 minutes. So does Price get the shaft and play behind a tired team going against a well rested Sharks? Probably, in the never ending saga of how he has absolutely no luck at all... *gives hugs*
Elsewhere on a cold, rainy, February...
- Pens beat the Hawks in a shootout 5-4. Huet was never really strong against the Pens, actually...
- Osgood actually has to make 30 saves for the Wings to beat the Kings 2-1. I find that one a little odd, but whatever.
3 comments:
Highlight of the night for me: Schneider doing the Ovechkin on the glass when he scores.
I mean, the guy is 39 years old, has been in the league forever, has won Stanley Cups, yet he still gets all excited when he scores a big goal. I love it!
"He Ovechkins himself into the glass"? Why does that sound like Schneider impaled himself?
The picture of Schneider Ovechkining himself into the glass is priceless!
Post a Comment