Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Top-Heavy Bug is going DOWN! Game 74 - Bolts

Ok boys. You pulled off a convincing win despite the lumpsided numbers on paper (never mind that) and played your heart out. You terrorized the other team with your powerplay and owned them for every error they made. You made Kari Lehtonen poop his shorts by hitting the crossbar when you didn't hit the net. Well next up is a similar team. They're 14th in the conference, 29th in the league. In fact the Thrashers are BETTER than them! They've got the whole buffet of first overalls in their lineup and appear to be collecting more of them until they're a team of natural born superstars I guess. Their number 1 goalie is concussed somehow (guess he did get hit too many times in the head with the puck while with Dallas) and their backup veteran is done for life. Their new number 1 goalie has his brains on his mask and I've no idea who his backup is. Either way they're not that good... Their franchise center is who everyone hopes is the next Gros Bill though frankly I find that insulting. This is the same guy your home crowd cheered for the loudest at the ASG and he replied with a weak wave and did nothing in the game. Will you go out there despite knowing all this and take an L in the scoresheet? I sure hope not.


Know your enemy. Their mascot is a top-heavy bug who spends his off days terrorizing beach goers. Top-heavy, just like the team's overloaded contracts.


Youppi (or Chuck) can take the bug thing, but YOU will take the win! And it's crucial you do because those dastardly Panthers, despite having the best radio play-by-play guy who's got movie-reference tourettes (oh yea, he got beat up by Lyle Odelein once), are NIPPING at your heels! Even if they appear to be in pure meltdown mode, there's also Buffalo who may or may not be able to do something.

Tuesday you showed us that we have an actual number 1 line: two Alexes and a Saku. Tuesday when Kovy scored and gave Saku a bear hug, I think I heard the sound of a zillion franco-media brains exploding. Was that team-love?! EGADS! Hey guys, did you know Koivu and Kovy's locker are right next to each other? *Listens for more explosions* And the glue between them was Man of Glass Tanguay who missed a big chunk of his life this year because of the team coming into your home.

Tuesday we also saw the return of Komisaurus. We saw a bunch of players with clearly defined roles from scoring, energy, and defense. We saw a win that didn't depend on your goalie standing on his head. Can you keep it going? Sure you can! Why? Because I say so. One win is lovely but a streak is even better. And I don't want to reference anything SAW related, ok?

Go. Play. Have fun.

3 comments:

A Concerned Citizen said...

"Wayne Gretzky? On Steroids?"
I hope you're joking about that yutz from Florida. Prime-time suckage with that play-by-play bullshit. And his response? "Oh we do things differently down south. We actually like to have fun with our hockey."

Um, bro, that's assuming anyone in Florida (aside from snowbird fogies from NY, my die-hard Rangehs-fan grandmother included) know what the hell hockey is.

Anonymous said...

I actually like this announcer. Yeah, it's meaningless, random, and mostly fun.

They'd better win tonight...

Number31 said...

Well, we can always call up Odelein to knock him out again, right?