
Tonight I was out eating and drinking with friends at Les 3 Brasseurs to celebrate a birthday but it was hard not to glance over at the big flat screens showing the game. (Regardless of what's on a tv when they have them at restaurants, I can't help looking because it's just there, glaring at me). Can't really complain with the outcome, though. Habs and Sabres are two pretty even teams in terms of style. Much like the Pens games, it's all speedy firewagon hockey. Though some nights, you'll meet Ryan Miller on top of his game, and coming off a yawner of a shutout against Toronto, you could say Yomammaween was definitely in top shape. Even his own teammates took notice, considering the Canadiens flung a game's worth of shots at him by the second period.
As I sipped my blond beer mixed with whisky and maple syrup...
- PATCHES! What a kid! No way he sees Hamilton again this year...
- Kovy's penalties don't bug me considering the Habs have a tendency to make some good shorthanded chances. Fruit Punch tried but tripped. No biggy, just happy he didn't hurt himself.
- Koivu with a roughing penalty? The Captain has bite since he's gotten his legs going.
- More goals for Koivu is yummy. And on the powerplay, well, that's even better.
- Fruit Punch rocked the faceoffs.
- Hammer Time! Wish he'd do that more...
- Thankfully Dagger wears a visor, or that could have been worse...
- Cube, I love you, but why did you try to punch that guy?
- You'd think refs would know to stay clear of the boards when a team in on the PK? It's not rocket science. I'm so tired of seeing what would be a perfect clearing shot slowed down or deflected by a ref in the bloody way.
- Good to see Laraque out there. One thing I noticed, he was skating pretty smoothly.
- I ordered a chicken cesar salad, and they gave me it without the chicken... so the waitress brought me a side plate of the chicken pieces... it was rather lame and defeated the whole purpose.
- When the Canadiens score, someone rings a gong at Les 3 Brasseurs.
- I actually finished my beer for once.
Conclusion: Just one of those games where a hot goalie makes for a nearly impassable wall. Otherwise, it would have been rather one-sided considering all those chances he robbed. Still, it's one of those good games with the wrong outcome, but I enjoyed what I saw of it.
Bulldogs!
February hasn't been too kind to the Bulldogs either, but they finally got an interesting win. I say interesting because: it was a two-goal night for Yannick Weber who opened the scoring and got the winner in overtime AND has now become the first defenceman to score 12 goals in one season for the Dogs, it was against the bSens and Gerber Baby was in nets, defencemen were doing all the scoring (Weber and Carle).
1 comment:
Post a Comment