Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Furniture Maker: Habs 5, Sens 3


Just my luck to miss a 3pm game only to find out it sounded like a wild one. I'll recap later when I watch Express but Ottawa had 47 shots and switched their goalies, Kovy had 3 points and got the first star... I hate 3pm games. I went to Ikea to buy my TV bench and went to my apartment to construct it. Well, half of it. (Actually I caught Pleky's opening goal on the radio. Woo powerplay!)

Kovy! Kovy! Kovy!
- Kovy says he feels like he just got traded here, like it's the start of something new.
- But seriously? I know he's good on the PK, but that was the best I've seen him do yet.
- Not to mention the powerplay. Or totally stealing away the puck in the O-zone for an unassisted lovely goal.
- SCHNEIDER! A point in each game since coming back. My brother on his goal: "Holy shit that was fast". Even Bob Cole was taken by it.
- Looks like the 1993 special, not only did Schneider rocket one in from the point, but Breezer totally faked and then sniped one in as well.
- Yet Breezer still managed to screw up once just enough to allow the Sens to score.
- Gorges took offense to seeing Chipper hit by an elbow. Yes, Gorges, the guy who like watching chick flicks. Got the take down.
- Uh...Sharkko Ruutu vs RoboDandy? Guess no one told him about the metal arm thing.
- Alfie playing with his broken face, protecting his head in the full fish bowl visor.
- I think Halak is used to 47 shots by now.
- Patches the Stapler. He just staples players to the boards. I love the kid!
- Why does Stewart rock? Because I think he's made of rock. He could crash head first into the boards and not even notice. He could get whacked in the face with a stick and not even blink. I wonder if that's his secret to success with all those fights in the AHL? He's also a smart kid. You won't bait him into getting into the box if he knows you're already well on your way in there.
- Woo penalties!

- Habs: 3 powerplay goals, Sens: 1 powerplay goal...and it's just HAD to be on Saku's at the end.
- Sixth straight win over Ottawa. It feels...good. Considering the Habs used to be Ottawa's favourite snack.
- Kovy was the first star and tossed his stick out to the crowd because he wanted to make someone else just as happy as he was.
- Carbo thinks everyone is going to ask for a few days off now.

It's funny, when Bob gave Kovy this rest, the entire media world went crazy about how they embarresed their star player and now he's probably going to ask for a trade, yada yada yada. Apparently Detroit just sent Osgood home for a break and somehow they're seen as geniuses.

Back with Sergei, some reporters were trying to get some news out of him under the watchful eye of...someone. They were met with plenty of "nah, not going to comment sorry" but when asked if he'd like to say anything to Canadiens fans or Bulldogs fans, he smiled and beamed "I love Canadiens fans and Bulldogs fans". Sergei! We love you too!

Twilight Zone!
- The Canucks played like crap and the Leafs still lost. Actually the Leafs should have won that one considering how terrible the Canucks were in that game... Sundin got the winner in a shootout, while everyone else booed and absolutely forgot Kyle Wellwood was also playing.
- Ryan Miller just got injured...
- Boston got shut out 2-0...by FLORIDA.
- New Jersey got shut out 4-0...BY THE ISLANDERS!
- The Minnesota Wild scored 5 goals to beat DETROIT! And it was still boring!
- Steve Mason gave up 5 goals and got beaten by the Ducks! Though, I wonder if he still has mono.
- Oh Biron you idiot... Penguins thank you for that 5-4 win.

2 comments:

Eternal Pessimist said...

Was it just me or did Carbo actually put Patches on the same line as Lapierre (as supposed to Laraque)?

Number31 said...

Yes! Thankfully! Patches with Lapierre is lovely! My favourite line when they were together with Sergei.