
I feel like a whole week has gone by in only two days of doing absolutely nothing at work. And though I should probably feel happy to have survived the layoffs that went around my studio recently as I know people who weren't so lucky (though I'm sorry to say some were pretty much on their last legs either way), at the moment I'm too bored and tired to really care. When a project nears the end, we begin the tedious task of making the games fit on various phones of every imaginable size because the cellphone makers of the world enjoy making screen sizes with jar sizes every which way they like. (If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I work at EA Mobile where I make the art for games on cellphones). And I have a tendency to work a lot faster than I probably should, so now I spend my days waiting for people to tell me what they need fixing, and thus I doodle heads in my notepad while listening to Doctor Who audio tapes because I've already gotten sick of my music rotation. Until I get a new project, of course.
Where am I going with this?
Oh right. I was too tired to watch this game. I came home when the Bolts scored the first goal over my radio. I settled a bit in my room and noticed the Habs scored 2. Fifty minutes later and the first period was finally over... (At least it felt like fifty minutes). Then I went to help a bit with the supper and then I went to eat the supper. After that I pretty much just wanted to pass out. Then my brother comes home from school and asks me what happened with the game, to which I replied "I don't know". So together we checked the score online while he tells me how this morning he was playing NHL09, Habs vs Bolts in Tampa Bay and the scored ended 5-3 for the Bolts. My brother then laughed as his video game became reality, and I went back to my Doctor Who.
Maybe he should stop playing that game...
Oh well. I noticed that all the Canadian teams lost in unison tonight. We stand on guard for rights and liberty and a wonky day of hockey. At least we weren't Edmonton... Oh my word 10-3? Against Buffalo?! ...Wait, what?!
No comments:
Post a Comment