
So I missed the only good part of this game which was the first period apparently. I say this because it's how the radio described it as being rather awesome. Of course the minute I saw Chris Lee was on the ice I realized the game would be lost unless some miracle happen. A miracle involving him getting knocked out by a flying puck. But nope, in his usual fashion of closing eyes to infractions he calls weakly on the other team, the second period went to the crapper. Not to mention the miscommunications on two icings that weren't called which inadvertedly had our guys looking around and getting caught flat footed. And I'm tired of hearing the revelation of Tim Thomas... As a goalie, I can say, he's not that good really. He makes maybe 10 actual saves a game while the rest are dealth with by his defense bailing him out or tying up the sticks of players crashing the crease attempting to get the rebounds. In a way...he's like Halak. Especially in the inability to play the puck. He's no different from last year, but it's his defense that have stepped up. Of course all the chances in the world don't matter if no one is finishing. Like Markov. With a golden moment to tie the game, he's taking a nap on a wide open net. And don't tell me Kovy did nothing all game. The second he had the puck, one of the Bostonites pointed at him and he was suddenly surrounded by 3 guys. Pacioretty, however, is continuing his path to awesome. I missed the fight between Chipper and someone. And Gui! was very impressive tonight. Spent a good 30 seconds protecting the puck. The Kostitsyns also continued their two-headed monster play.
Oh, an a powerplay goal. Huzzah.
In conclusion: Ryder didn't score. Nani nani fu fu. And Komisarek saves the empty net!
On another note
I'm looking at the points collected by our various players as we enter the 2nd half of the season. Currently there are THREE players with 32 points (Kovy, Lang, Markov) and TWO players with 26 points (Tanguay and AK46). Not far behind are Koivu (22), Pleky (20), and Sergei (19). And of course two of those guys are on the shelf, so next up is Gui! with 16 points. I like that it's a balance of points across the board, which we saw last year with at least 7 players reaching over the 50 point mark. It's probably safe to say that the team is on pace to match that even spread of points.
No comments:
Post a Comment