
Lots of fans are annoyed or just overall annoying. I'm happy though! Why? 'Cause the Habs with shakey defense and slumping 3 lines of offense managed to squeeze out a win with Chris Lee on the ice. Yes the powerplay sucks. Yes the defense still lets people walk in on Price. Yes the offense fans pucks or hits more posts than...I don't know what. But, a coast-to-coast by Andrei Kostitsyn off an "assist" by Price was much needed for he who had his brains splattered on the glass one month ago. And Lang bat one in on an open net. Yay! Missing effort has been spotted, and the battle back mentality slowly crept in. But this was also a win for Bouillon who took a slap shot to the throat with shades of Trent McCleary. Actually I wouldn't have cared if they lost after that, I just wanted to know how he was. (They say it wasn't as serious as it looked).
I unfortunately had the pleasure of listening to the Blues broadcast because I wasn't in the mood to go to the TV. One point of interest was the mentioning of Price's huge pads in comparison to Legace's after Kostitsyn 5-holed it and how it practically goes up to his waist. It doesn't, when he's standing. Difference here: Price is 6'3", Legace is 5'9" and both have their pads sized accordingly. Not mentioning how THICK Price's treetrunks for legs are... That kid is huge.
Funny, shots were equal at 26. EQUAL! With a gazillion penalties. Kovy got the shootout winner with his trademark "FU Move" as he probably just wanted to go watch TV or something. The arena was also creepy quiet throughout, but I love their organ.
I had a friend playing in the Blues organization once, or so said his mom. No idea what happened to him, though.
Bulldogs!
Ryan Russell earns his first hat trick since junior days! The Dogs get 3 shorties, two in a row on the same penalty, and Russell taking the first and the last one (D'Agostini got the other). Bulldogs win it 5-2 over the Rochester Americans (Florida's team). Lehoux gets the empty netter, Chipchura with 3 assists!
As I look to the side...
- Dallas did win over Phoenix with a meagre 3-2 score. Turks lives another day.
- Sharks launch 6 past Huet, but the Hawks launch 5 past Boucher (the backup of many shutouts). So ya, stop asking Bob to trade something to get Huet back...
- Niittymaki owns Atlanta again, but not a shutout this time (4-3 Philly).
- Tocchet taking over from the Mullet doesn't have an insta-effect but they do lose in a shootout with the 'Canes... Same score as ours, but it's gotta hurt when Tuomo Ruutu scores on you in the skill contests.
1 comment:
It's the beginning of a seven game winning streak
Post a Comment