Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm sure there's a plan to smuggle Streit back home...


Ya know, I miss Mark Streit. Not as a defenseman though, because frankly he wasn't that good a defenseman. I miss him as a winger! He wasn't too bad, and a powerplay specialist who would eat up Markov's feed. I still remember his beautiful goal in the playoffs while Fruit Punch drew all the attention and slipped him a sneaky back pass which Streit brought all the way through Tiny Tim's 5-hole. But now he's in the land of Wang and Captain Fish Sticks and getting paid way too much for his defense skills. C'est la vie. We're all waiting for Weber to grow into Streit 2.0 in the meantime. He's Swiss! He plays with his idol, Streit! He's stocky! And he plays better defense most of the time. Boom! What a shot.

I don't know anything else about the Islanders, except that DiPietro probably didn't drink enough milk when he was little and is absolutely brittle. That said, he's currently injured, leaving his club with Joey Mac and ex-Habkins Yann Danis, who totally got bumped down the chart thanks to Price and Halak absolutely out-playing him. He may have gotten a shutout in his first NHL game, but later he couldn't even beat the Leafs... Thus remained Option 3 on the Goalie list. Well, apparently he's in nets against the Habs when they roll into New York. I was actually tempted to road trip it, being a weekend and all. Maybe some other time though, as it was rather last minute. This is also Higgins' home turf! And according the Rule of Higgins, he usually breaks out the scoring while visiting home. Have a good one, Chris! Don't fall for the Ex-Habs Goalie Curse! Besides, this isn't a club home game so the rules shouldn't apply...right?

Oh and happy birthday to Super Pleky! Born on Halloween, that's always cool, eventhough it's not really celebrated in his homeland. No more posts, Pleky! Dunk that cookie! And ignore Cullen's Backchecking: Not Meeting Expectations bullshit. It hurts to see them put Pleky's picture right under the the giant caption of SLOW STARTERS. Obviously these so called sports writers love jumping the trade crap and forget Super Pleky has more value than goal scoring (and usually starts off slow anyway, and we seem to forget the headcrash on AK46 disrupted their mojo when it was just starting). Actually, I don't think he was ever considered much of a goal scorer, as his strength is defense and faceoffs and being really fucking focused. Hey sports writers, I think a team would rather have a healthy man like Plekanec over I-tripped-and-sprained-my-everything Gaborik. So buzz off. And hands off our Halak! (Unless the Wild switch us Harding, ain't gonna happen).

No comments: