Saturday, November 8, 2008

"We played like dogs" Habs 3, Leafs 6

Should be Carbo's paperwork after tonight.

I'm tired of refs bailing players. I'm tired of seeing teams play for "who can draw more penalties" over "who can play hockey". I'm also tired of seeing our supposed best defenseman stare at a puck and let it go by him instead of keeping it in the offensive zone. And Grabs, you face Sergei next time and he'll wipe that smile off your face. Nice of him to jab Price in jock with his stick there. Three out of five calls for Leafs running their tally on goalie interfence, in a row, that my brother was wondering what the coach told them to do. Crash the net or crash the netminder?

Well one thing I predicted, Price faced 41 shots (Toskala face 20) and it was a miracle he managed to keep that many out considering the deadwood for defense he had tonight and the mass traffic sitting in his face. Passes flubbed! Shots fanned! A zillion powerplays to kill! We're rusty after 5 days off, and missing Hammer on defense is a bad thing. Breezer does 2 rights and 5 wrongs in under 5 seconds. O'Byrne needs some retooling with the Bulldogs. I'm not sure what's worse, his skating or his brainfarts. Higgins tries too hard and ends up missing completely or miss-playing completely. Kovy can hold puck possesion but there's only so long he can hold it if his linemates aren't getting in to position. But these guys are on a team that shouldn't be out hussled by the Leafs.

I think the dark clouds moved in when Kostopoulos was thrown out for his hit on Van Ryn. Frankly Van Ryn made his life miserable for himself. Junior NHLers do that, not 10 year veterans. He saw TK coming in a straight line, ready and lining him up for his check. The puck follows the boards to his feet and instead of playing it around the net, he bends over and takes the hit up the ass. Bravo idiot, see you in hospital. And Don Cherry can crow all he wants. Just put in no-touch icing already and maybe I can get the Belleville Bulls on TV? I'd rather watch the OHL if the NHL is going to continue down it's path to being the LameHL.

No more days off for the Habs. That includes Sunday, probably. (Carbo looked angry enough to make them work tomorrow). Get cracking! Otherwise I'm expecting to see a few Bulldogs soon. I mean you Chips and D'agostini. Maybe we can also trade a defenseman prospect to Dallas and take Jancevski...

Speaking of the Bulldogs: At least they beat the Baby-Leafs. Captain Chips with 2 goals, oddly enough he got the first and the last goal of the game. Patches with 2 assists. D'agostini, Stewart, and Glumac get 1 a piece. Dogs win 5-2!

No comments: