Saturday, November 8, 2008

Habs 3, BJs 4 (SO)

Yea, I only watched the 2nd period while eating smoked meat at Abbie's and I can say it was the same boring Hitchcock Trap as usual even though the Habs shot 35 times at the net (or should I say, directly at the netminder) and the refs decided breathing was a penalty. Halak let off bad giant rebounds and wasn't too sharp tonight. Also needs work on lateral movements, awareness, and his angles were slightly off. Came up strong in overtime though, but was completely hung out to dry during the shootout. Mike Commodore is a douchebag and should get a little suspension for his elbowing headshot to AK46. Of course the league doesn't care yet, so he won't get anything. Highlight of the night: Halak pulled for the extra man, that extra man was Sergei Kostitsyn, and he scores with like 45 seconds left in the game. And Price cheering behind the bench.

That's it.

Rick Nash was pretty quiet. Umberger wasn't.

I can't believe this was only our 11th game...

Because the BJs bore me more than the Wild, I spent my evening listening to the Bulldogs lose instead. The game ended with an empty netter by the Houston Aeros, 3-1. Apparently the ice deteriorated so badly in the 3rd that it was coming off in chunks. And c'est le but, Yanick Lehoux! If Weber keeps working though, his shot will kill goalies. Almost took the Aeros netminders arm off with that booming slapshot.

Chips is their new captain! Congratulations Chipper!

Next: The Leafs for the Hockey Hall of Fame Game.

No comments: