Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lesson in Futility? Part 3: The First Round Pick

The first number picked by Youppi was 1245. Yes, that's right. Almost ten numbers before mine. I was ushered into the first round with a few other happy Habs fan. And what a day! The traffic was nice, the Metro worked, the weather was...ok (hot, humid, grey...my hair was not happy so I shoved them into braids). So, pessimism aside, I got my two tickets in the Victory Pack which will be split between myself and a family member (mostly my younger brother Ben, who's birthday falls on the home opener). This will also be the first time I have ever seen the Habs live. I mean the last time I went to a game was an Old Timers, and that was at the Forum! I felt so lucky I went and bought a 649 lotto ticket! Let's go 04-19-20-26-29-42! I even high-fived Youppi I was so happy. So if the Habs win a game while I'm there I get a free ticket of their choice. The pack itself included two pre-season games (Senators and Panthers) and three regular ones (home opener with the Pooh Bears, and then the Islanders and Sabres). The last ticket is the day after I get my condo too so I might have to miss the Bulldogs game.

Soon I will be able to present a "View from the Greys", which I assume will be a lovely sight of the 24 Stanley Cup banners and retired numbers. Section 316 here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Another great Habs fan/blogger!Yeah!!

Number31 said...

Hey cool a comment! :D Thanks, I like your blog site too. Go Habs Go~