Friday, September 5, 2008

Lesson in Futility? Part 2: Fuck you, Metro

Murphy's Law states that things move slower when you want to get somewhere on time, right? That's the way the Montreal Metro rolls. I managed to hop on the metro at 7am after the train on the opposite track sat there for a good 5 long minutes. Of course, the service had apparently slowed on the Orange Line. Bottom line, public transportation sucks. Technically, I hate when I needed to depend on someone else to get somewhere... Unfortunately, there's no other way for me to get to work.

Despite being thwarted by the STCUM (as usual), I did manage to enter work at 7:30 and made up for the lost time by "working" over lunch. (I put that in quotes because there's nothing to do right now, since we're pretty much finished the project). So I did get to the Bell Center at 4. And wow, people love sitting out in the hot hot sun all day. Thank god there was a strong wind around the corner. Never the less, I'm bracelet number 1256 out of 1500. Mission accomplished.

Will N31 get a good place in the lottery to get those tickets she's hoping for? Or will this debacle end in tears? Stay tuned...

No comments: