Saturday, April 13, 2013
Habs 1, Leafs 5: Meh
Everyone head for the bridge!
Joke.
Habs got their X. Leafs still don't have theirs.
By the way, Kirk Muller is a Hab for life. Bruins lost to the Whalercanes. Which means Habs can lose all evening. They still remain in 2nd.
According to Bouillon, Price apologized to the team after the 1st period but he wasn't the only one to blame. Whole team just looked like they were happy polishing that X next to their position on the standings. And after the last 6-0 loss to the Leafs, Habs went on an absolute tear. Frankly I'm glad this happened 'cause they've been playing SHIT defensively lately (even before Emelin got hurt) and the forwards have been LAZY helping (especially DD/Patches) so maybe this is the wake up they need. And maybe, just maybe, one day Therrien will learn to gameplan the Leafs properly. Remember, he was fired after another seriously horrendous set of loses to the them with the Pens. Bad memories?
I can still point and laugh at the Leafs though 'cause LOL Davis Drewiske scored the only Habs' goal. And Leaf fans can't fucking olé for shit. POSERS.
Where's your parade route?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
See, I just disagree. The whole team was not playing like shit in that 1st, at least not until that 3rd goal. They were pressing, they had all the chances. They became deflated and scared of letting anything near their end. Then, I agree, they decided that risking injury against (uncalled) head shots wasn't worth it because the next shot would probably go in anyway. Look at the total shots, though. It's not like they didn't try, or even gave up after that period.
This is what I said over at FHF. I'm not throwing the whole team down with Price. Neither am I saying Price is terrible. He had a bad game, as all players do no matter their greatness. But people seem so desperate to protect Price that they'll throw the whole team under the bus to make him look good. Really, are we going to say those 2nd and 3rd goals were the 'team's' fault? They are to blame for allowing 5 soft shots at their goalie in a period? With that standard, no team is good. And if that's all it takes to make Price look bad then they'll fail every night. (For the record I don't believe that, but it's what's implied by your review of the game).
Price will rebound, but let's not damn the whole team to protect his fragile ego.
Having said all that, GO HABS GO!
And great reviews, whether or not I agree with them! Not being combative, just great to have a team we can all really care about again (in the technical sense. We have all cared way too much emotionally over the years!)
One thing about Price is his ability to forget about the last goal and the last game. He will be fine.
I total agree with Orangeman. I'm a Price lover. Always have been. But he is the reason we lost to the Leaves along with the Flyers. He's not playing well. He can apologize all he wants and I know the team will blame themselves too, but in this particular case, it's all on Carey. He needs to be better and he knows it.
I never said he wasn't to blame, that was a quote from Bouillon himself. And yes, they did play like perimeter ultra softness shit.
I am however pissed at the "fans" who come out during these bad games, point the finger at the one guy and say "see! you traded the wrong goalie! he hasn't stolen one this whole year!" yada yada yada go on, get Jaro off the IR or whatever.
Post a Comment