![]() |
| Apparently Gomez is the captain of the Habs? |
Habs played their hearts out. For the first time in a long time it really looked like they were trying very hard to give Price a well deserved win, especially in his "hometown". And they did even better than the one last season too. They looked like they were having so much fun, and it was refreshing to see. Even at the end, Weber was jostling with Burrows in front of the net and Burrows gave Weber a hard slash. Price simply walked over and tossed Burrows away earning a meaningless roughing penalty after the game ended which was hilarious. The victory hugs after all that was fantastic with Weber being the first to give his goalie a big happy hug. So many smiles, so much happiness...
However the happiness started hours before the game even starter! Why? MARKOV CAME BACK! I even cancelled all plans to see John Carter of Mars (will see it Wednesday instead) just so I wouldn't miss this game! Oh of all the games to return to play in he boldly chose the Canucks. Was is to show us he can take the physical challenge, the speed? Sure his rust showed twice, but that was expected. I noticed ONE play though. Markov went to the corner to retrieve the puck with a guy coming at him. And in classic Markovian fashion, he ducked around to avoid any collision. Naturally the real "homecoming" was his assist on PK's 5-on-3 goal after the Canucks threw the puck out of the rink twice. That was probably the happiest goal celebration I have seen from Markov ever. And he's had his fair share of happy celebrations... You have to feel for the guy, how not being able to play was just eating away at him all this time. Wonder if Brian Wilde had a lovely breakfast of hot crow this morning...
Vancouver Habs fans were LOUD and oléing
- Inconsistent reffing or were they just not sure if the Canucks were diving? The Canucks did fling themselves around dramatically. But not calling maddening things like Eller skating up the ice with a stick up his ass, or Patches getting held up on a partial breakaway... Only consistency officiating has is inconsistency. Had no choice but to call the puck out of the rink ones though.
- Louis LeBoardBattle set up Blake Geoffrion for his first goal with the Habs. Blake can now officially trash talk his dad, who never scored for the Habs.
- Erik Cole. Have I mentioned how much I love you? Got Luuuuuuuuuuu on his weak side which is pretty much every side.
- Price and his new mask: played like his hair was on fire, which is probably what the mask is all about.
- Sorry folks but Gomez is playing well and makes this team better right now.
- White and Eller: my brother was correct. They make an awesome pair.
- Staubitz smacked Kassian around. Another day at the office.
- After the game, mediot to Markov: "How's your knee?" Markov answers dryly "Still there" and grins. LOVE IT!
- WHY is there daylight savings?!
- I think the Green Men need to fix their signs.
Oh of course it was the Canucks playing like crap. And CBC lamented the fact the game was far more exciting than it should have been. Guess they were expecting an easy shellacking similar to when the Canucks destroyed the Leafs...
Toaster's first Habs game: Slept through the whole thing. Took a pee during 2nd intermission. Win!

7 comments:
Good game, and I hope Wilde gets indigestion on that crow, seems to bash HABS at every chance.
Ya Baby.
Stuff the Nuks.
Love the green men even if they are stupid, it's the spirit that counts. Too bad for the CBC, Habs won again.
I can take the win, Price deserves it but someone has to have their hand firmly on the tank handle. Montreal deserves a top pick, maybe instead of the Lottery pick order should be based on historical picks, and you cant have first overall two years in a row.
I hope you post about John Carter, it is a movie like Montreal, excellent on paper.
I agree, we cannot lose focus and pile up the wins. We haven't had this good a pick since Carey. On the flip side tho,... I'll betcha if we win a few more we could pass The Leaf as they crash and burn. That has some joy factor to it.
There's plenty of lovely players the Habs can chose from even if they don't get top 3. Like I said before: Patches and Eller aren't good picks?
Apparently there is some rule about picking consecutively as #1. I think last season, because the Devils were such fucking morons with the Kovalchuk contract, it basically negated the process. Anyway, no way Columbus doesn't get #1...
And don't you feel sorry for next year's #1 pick?
Yea I do. It's almost like being punished for being good...
Post a Comment