Thursday, March 15, 2012

Habs 3, Sens 2 (SO): High Five!

Well this was entertaining. Maybe because there was no Ca-Ka to ruin it. I mean, congrats to Kaberle on the birth of his first child. Please take all the time you want to be with your family in this joyous occasion. And Campoli wasn't too much of a fail threat until he had Game 7 flashbacks in OT...

The highlight of the night was Erik Cole giving the ref a high five after he scored. His explanation: dude was the only one there.


Winning is more fun than tanking
- Habs celebrated Koivu's 1000th game on the scoreboard.
- Lovely cheers for Markov's first shift.
- Everyone bitching that DD/Cole/Patches are the only goal scorers. If Bourque would stop fanning, or missing, or just floating around MAYBE they'd have more contribution from the other lines?
- Ironic though since the assists on Cole's goal were Palushaj and Nokie.
- Karlsson is good and whatever, but if I could only have one of him or PK I'd rather have PK.
- Should have let him and Eller fight. That would have been as hilarious as Markov and Spezza's fight a few years ago.
- Kyle Turris pisses me off. Little brat. If he were Russian how would his antics back in Phoenix have been perceived?
- Price doesn't need to be 6'7" to be awesome.
- And he was poking Chris Neil in the ass with his stick.
- AMAZING penalty kill in the 2nd period. Gorges also hit 200 blocked shots during it.
- Pleky had the game on his stick but hit the post.
- Desharnais is our best shootout guy. This too is not surprising.
- Price is the first to stop Alfie in a shootout this year. And what a pokecheck on Michalek! Melanson would have been pissed.

One home down. On to the next home.

2 comments:

Chester said...

Good game, loved the high five. Funny how when The Mexicant and Kaberle arn't playing nobody notices. What is that about 12 million in cap hit ... jebus. However I thought we were to tank and rebuild, winning is not tanking. I'm all confused now.

juce said...

I believe there is pride in that jersey so go win.