@lawyergirl77 That's right! BigTits is back and doing dirty things to/with his Pleky once again!!
Unless you're blind (or just one of those bitter haters), Andrei Kostitsyn has been flying since the start of the season. Is it because he no longer needs to keep an eye on Sergei while balancing his own family life? (I think not many people realize he's a married man--well I think they're married but eh no one really gets married in this province anyway--and a young father of an adorable little blond girl). Is it because the new leadership core in the room have helped him deal with the annoying media? One thing we know for sure, he's healthy. And secondly, his linemates are just as hungry as he is, maybe more, and he's definitely feeding off it.
Carbo once said when he hits, he hurts.
His speed and size make many salivate. His hands and knack for scoring the most mind boggling type of goals stand true to his draft position. This is a guy no one really wanted to take a chance on because of his epilepsy, and yet the Habs felt sufficient medication from the doctors could help him with this. People have coined him as someone who doesn't care about what happens, and I'm sorry but that couldn't be further from the truth. Just because a guy keeps his emotions to himself doesn't mean he doesn't care. And when he does get angry, it usually results in a retaliation penalty, BUT I DIGRESS! He won't do the flashy goal scorer moves every times he pots one. His trademark is both hands in the air in a semi-gorilla fashion or feet and arms in the air because someone has knocked him on his ass trying to stop him from scoring (and ultimately failing).
And what is this?! Like Gorges finally discovering that he can in fact hit the net and maybe even score a goal if he actually aims, the Belamullet has discovered actual defensive play! Backchecking more. Shot blocking. Working hard for a takeaway. And fully integrating himself in the transition play that is so important in the speed game these guys need to play in order to dominate the way they need to.
It's unfortunate but the highlight of his goal doesn't work (even the CBC replay edition cuts it short). Instead, I'll post the most awesome rush he created for Pleky's goal which totally describes his play right now.
I can hear the moans and groans from the local press as they're forced to interview him post-game. They can't stand it when he gets the first star. (RDS even lost interest in talking with him and turned to Darche for more of a scoop).
Another interesting thing happened tonight. The Habs outshot the Sens 40 to 19. So, exactly who played an away game yesterday? Sens only managed 2 shots in the 3rd and I don't even know what the 2nd shot looked like. Of course, Ruutu being stupid had plenty to do with that...
I thought I was going to miss this game. Turns out that even a Brazilian restaurant in the skeezy section of Pierrefonds turned it's 20 TVs to the game when it started. And apparently the guy behind me was a Sens fan... Ugh...I ate too much meat and now I'm drinking kaopectate. (No, it's not the fault of the restaurant, more my stomach being problematic for a few days). Meat on a sword coming to your table constantly is like a little piece of heaven hidden in the pits of hell.

4 comments:
Hey! Super blog and a joy to read. I was very depressed by AK's last season and am ready to be thrilled by him again this year. If he starts firing, Pleks keeps it up, Cammy gets going...well, who knows?
Yea last season every time Andrei got hot he got hurt. Even in the playoffs, he couldn't lift his arms so he couldn't do much but still managed to throw a hit every now and then. It pisses me off whenever people start bringing up who was drafted after him... I hope he shuts up the haters this year 'cause that line is scary good :)
Hey what's with the puck into the crowd ?
Belarusian tradition ?
Maybe he only has one stick now.
Post a Comment