Monday, October 25, 2010

Habs 3, Yotes 2 (OT): Throw the snake!

Or the Kostitsyn.

Well that was a white knuckle type of game.

When you only have ONE line that's doing anything properly in all three zones, a win like this is hard-fought and well earned. When the stars are shining, haters take a walk. When the powerplay finally produces a goal that freezes a goalie in sheer terror, well 1-for-a-billion on the night doesn't look so bad so long as the two points are sent your way in the end. And it takes a rare visit from the big, bad Western Conference to make a playoff game in October, which caught the guys off guard at first but they matched them not just in the shot category but in the intensity of it all. Never underestimate a Western team that has only 1 win since coming back from Europe. They're in semi-desperation mode as a team that got 100 points last year (and get to chew on the Senators next).

I can safely say, this game was best viewed on Express unless you take your heart medication because the Turnover Epidemic has spread over from Ottawa and the defensive zone was an absolute mess. Also that corner ice needs to be checked because no way Gorges wipes out that much on his own.

HOT:
- Price (who went to the dentist after the game)
- AK46 (who's brain was smeared on the glass the last time the Yotes came to town)
- Plekanec (who was amazing all game, and played his rat style that inspired me to name my Hamster after him)
- Cammy (with that PP goal)
- Subban (needs no explanation)
- Picard (reluctant to admit but he actually played really well tonight)
- Gorges (ya two penalties but HE LEADS THE D IN POINTS WTF)
- Eller (getting close to that Marmaduke nickname)

NOT:
- The other lines though Gomez is really trying, he's just not going to shoot unless he passes to himself eh
- Pouliot's quota used up in Ottawa, back to being a lazy sod
- The powerplay, though I threatened to not be their friends if they didn't score and Cammy scored so I should threaten them more often...
- I can't take another year of Spacek.
- Gill took a therapy day yesterday so I'm thinking something's not right, but SEE go park your ass in front of the OTHER goalie on the PP and these guys might actually score more.

The refs even told Picard it was probably one of the best games they've seen. I'm also impressed that it was actually probably the only game I've seen where those guys called things properly on both ends.

I dare say the quote on the door in the room is holding true to this team: "Working together. Winning together. Growing together." Also with this the Habs have continued to stump CTV's Brian Wilde. Good. Stay stumped, Poindexter.

4 comments:

Alex said...

what a great game. cammy's goal, plek's goal and finally kostistyn's goal.

even matched, both sides making great plays. loads of fun to watch.

Shari said...

So I missed the game and didn't see what happened with Price. How come he had to go to the dentist after the game?

Number31 said...

I don't know, probably just a scheduled checkup. Just for some reason they announced it so the press wouldn't freak out or something.

Shari said...

I keep forgetting that it is Montreal and the media tends to do that. :)

Thanks for the updates on Price all the time! It's been fun reading on your blog stuff that I yell all the time. Good to know I'm not the only one thinking them.