
That game was exhausting to watch even though I was busy eating my green curry chicken (yum!) or sitting on my comfy sofa (it's very comfy).
The other day, Pierre McGuire was a little ornery at how happy everyone in and around the team were. Happy is an understatement as they were downright giddy after the overtime win against Phoenix. I mean they had DOUGHNUTS available for the press and Jacques Martin was cracking jokes! Yet Debbie Downers seem to be everywhere. I mean I still hear people bitching about the Halak trade (STFUUUUU Eller is awesome and Pleky is more important than Halak). Despite the giddy happy attitude, the guys are totally grounded. They're happy and having fun, yes, and they're winning BUT they know it's still early in the year and that they're not exactly perfect.
Exhibit A: Cover those point shots. All three Islanders goals were deflections through multi-screens because no one was clearing the enemy from Price's sight and no one was really covering the point all that well save for a few (like Pleky, who was pretty awesome defensively). I mean that first goal against would have never happened if Gio didn't totally flub his deflection and actually hounded the puck instead of opting to back up and fall asleep. Gill and Gorges forgot Tavares and weren't really in a good position to block anything except Price's view so they didn't help on the second goal while no one was really bugging the pointman. And Eller tried to take care of the pointman on the bouncy third goal by taking it to the ice but he couldn't get up and back at him in time to do anything about the shot. Hopefully they'll take note of this and fix it for Friday's part 2 of this mini-series.
Also don't take too many penalties against this team please. They don't even have Streit but if Wisniewski's got carte blanche to fire at will from the point...
I wonder if we'll see Rick DiPietro in nets Friday. Yes! He's still alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment