Scratch that, no we don't. But it's just so much sweeter to win a game when it's against them. I swear it's not because I like SLC's rants, it's more because I can't stand that team. (Not the same hate I keep for Flyers, Leafs and Bruins though). I also hate their goal horn, that sounds more like roadkill on the 417. But they're not really a rival, they're more like an annoying neighbor. And now with Clouston's "oh we're losing the game, send out the goons" thing he's been doing recently? Fuck 'em.
PERNELL KARL SUBBAN. You will know this name. You will learn this name. For every breakaway, or 2-on-1 screw up Picard causes, PK Subban will be right there nipping on your heels (or sprawled on the ice preventing you from taking a shot). Defensive liability my ass. This kid is gold and has a smile that could cure all the troubles in the world. Except for Don Cherry, who can piss off already.
And yes, the Sens played yesterday and beat up on the Sabres (or Alfredsson did), but whatever to that. I seem to remember a 4-3 victory at home on a back-to-back game after the Habs (also) beat the Sabres just last week.
A perfect response to a 3-0 loss is a 3-0 win:
- It might have been 19 saves for a shutout but with this team you can never expect an easy night for a goalie. Crease crashing (both friendly and non), horrible turnovers, 2-on-1, Alfredsson. Carey Price EARNED that shutout. Especially after the many times he got screwed over last year when he was pitching shutouts only to have a puck tip in off a teammate or something. And in 5 career shutouts, 3 are now against the Sens.
- Already talked about PK, so how about the Belamullet! What a stud! I don't know how he does it but how does someone his size vanish behind players only to pop up undetected ready to score? Answer: he's a ninja.
- Also his smiling happy face is precious.
- Pouliot! I said before the game that you will score tonight. Thank you for listening. And it wasn't a powerplay goal but it was technically from the powerplay set up. A nice pass from Gomez, a bounce off the board (Gorges!), and right on your stick for a tip in over poor Elliott.
- Sign in the crowd after he scored was asking Murray where's Benoit. RDS got confused. I'm confused. Are they asking for Andre Benoit, undrafted ex-Habs/Bulldogs career minor leaguer who's got a PhD in powerplay? (No guarantee that'll transfer over to the NHL though).
- Eller running over countryman Peter Regin. I giggled.
- Picard smacking around his old teammates. I giggled. Then wondered who put what in his water. (Still got bailed out by PK and Price on many many occasions, but I guess until he causes a major fowl that actually gets noticed on a replay, Coach won't notice).
- How many clean hits are you going to retaliate against, Sens? Don't blame them for your inability to take a hit or make a play without getting hit.
- May as well have used the goal horn. Scotiabank Place is a second home. Perfect road game plan with a rink full of Habs fans. (And I saw a Leafs jersey too, which was confusing). The Carey chant was loud, the Kovy-Boos were loud (not sure if that was just Habs fans though), the Ole song was loud, the Go Habs Go was loud. Funny when Foligno kicked the puck in and the goal was disallowed, the cheer was deafening.
- OK guys, with 2 minutes left and your goalie pitching (praying) for a shutout, DO NOT PUT SPACEK OUT THERE.
- Also DON'T SING THAT FUCKING SONGS YOU STUPID FANS! The Goodbye song shall be sung ONLY during playoffs when your team is winning and sending another team on their summer vacation. I don't know if this is written somewhere, but you just don't DO that shit in fucking OCTOBER.
- This is what, the 4th game in a row where they allowed around 20 shots against? I'm proud of you boys. I'm starting to believe those days of losing while outshooting the opponent will be gone.
- I feel bad for Elliott.
- Sorry Kovy, sulk moar. You aren't coming back to Montreal.
Can't post any stunned Sens fans pictures. They all left right after Andrei's second goal. (Well, they leave early anyway even when the Sens are winning. Hey that parking lot's a bitch and it's a long drive back to Ottawa).

No comments:
Post a Comment