Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Habs 3, Oilers 4: Signs

Do you know the giant oarfish?

According to Japanese mythology, the giant oarfish which normally lives deep in the ocean tend to surface and beach themselves as a warning bell to major earthquakes.

Two of them have washed ashore on the coast of California. Doom and gloom, folks. It's a sign!

Meanwhile the Habs come out like gangbusters, get a 2-0 lead, then piss away the rest of the game to lose 4-3 because without Lars and the Real Gallys, NO ONE ELSE DOES ANYTHING. And I think PK Subban's wheeling and dealing is being wasted of non-finishers. It's annoying. He creates so much magic, and then his target fails to complete anything. May as well just do it all yourself, PK. DAMN THE HATERS.

But if Dallas Eakins needed to use Lars Eller's misquoted pregame factual commentary on the Oilers to motivate his team, then he should probably quit his day job now. And his night job.

And by the way, Eller's comments essentially echoed Eakins and other Oilers staff own commentary on how their players need more structure and have to stop playing like a Junior team who focuses solely on personal stats with a more two-way game so I don't know what the fuck he's gloating about. You fucking scratched Yakupov last week over the same fucking thing you fucking asshat. Enjoy your win of the week.

(By the way, I'm not shocked at this outcome. Frankly I was shocked the Oilers didn't take the lead earlier. Habs always shit the bed against unstructured teams like this. See Islanders games).

However, this game wasted a gorgeous play by Gallagher. It's a shame. I haven't seen a Hab shoot off the bench, steal the puck at the blueline, walk around a defenceman and score top corner like that since Cammy did it in Winnipeg two years ago.

1 comment:

Chester said...

Eakins looks like a greasy serial killer.