They had the game in the bag despite the usual Tim Peel shitshow. While I didn't think the Zibanenoonepronouncesyournamerightanywayjad's goal was enough to be called kicked in, there was a guy in the crease who interfered too much with Price to get him set back to save his team from an end of period of fail and that's probably where he was hurt. I saw enough of a tug in the wrong direction to think it was a problem, and when he moved on the final save he probably aggravated it.
Don't look now but Gonchar and Karlsson are still going for those two "icing" calls. The rest of the team are all back in the dressing room.
Oh and right now, Bourque, Pleky and Ryder should feel like high holy SHIT for floating around that empty net and even allowing that final sequence happen. Especially now that Price is injured.
And you can't really blame Budaj. The guys in front of him were just standing around. In OT. NOT THE BEST PLAN.
I also have to question once again Therrien's bench management. The only reason that maybe kicked-in goal happened was because he had the wrong people on. Halpern should have been there to backup Desharnais on the faceoff. Instead Gallagher was forced to take it and lost (duh). Also Galchenyuk scores and got benched for it.
Well, it's gonna be FANTASTIC when they end the series here at home. May as well. Now with Prust and Price hurt. They've tried hard enough. These playoffs were gravy after a 15th place finish in a transition year where they somehow managed to fight to first. It'll make them better.
Unless of course Therrien still benches Galchenyuk after he scores and doesn't let PK play the PK next season...
To make myself feel better, I'll laugh at the Canucks. At least we won a fucking game DESPITE the injuries. Last I looked, Canucks are quite healthy, just...mostly invisible.
If you don't like watching the Canucks fail at life, he's a cute photo of Toaster and his new toy to make you happy.

6 comments:
It was a very good year.
A very good year that ended with a kick to the shins..
I am sorry 31 but that was the epitome of a kicking motion.Other than that,carry on!!Love your blog.I read it right after Leigh-Ann*s.
P.S.:Kerry Fraser gives an excellent explanation why the goal should have been DISALLOWED.FUCK BUTTMAN and his cronies.(sorry for the language)
Total kick-in. No question about it. And the reason we had the wrong guys on the ice for the face-off is because the refs and linesmen messed up again and had the face-off on the wrong side. Oh but the NHL apologized for that. The worse officiated game I've ever seen.
Yea, upon further review, I saw the kicking motion but at the time I figured it wasn't enough for those assturds in Toronto's mysterious dark chamber to recall it (even though they did for a Bozak goal once, the exact same swing).
Post a Comment