Sunday, May 5, 2013

Habs 1, Sens 6: Extreme Shitshow

I guess we know now where all those 600 Halloween costumes went.

What a fucking waste of a boring Sunday evening... And it all started when a crosscheck to PK's head went uncalled. You completely lost this game to the point of ridiculous, refs. Especially when after Pageau scored, you gave them half a 4 minute powerplay AFTER they complained about it even though no arm went up before or after the goal. Never saw a call after a replay in my life. In the end, no one gave a fuck what you called or kept calling. Absolute jokes.

Coupled with the Habs playing like god awful shit. Other than Price, and Gionta WHO'S FUCKING INJURED, all shit. Like don't even bother coming if you're going to play like that. In particular, what's the point of you, Pacioretty, if you're playing like the same crap before you got hurt, Mr. Excited For My First Playoff Series. You want an example of someone playing excited in their first playoffs? See Gallagher. And what's the point of Markov if he's constantly doing the wrong thing, constantly putting PK in a bad spot, to the point of where we have to draft PK's OTHER brother to cover for him? Don't even get me started about Desharnais...thought I'm not exactly sure if he's playing, if you know what I mean.

It's play like this where you see how big the hole losing Eller created. And a couple of them might be suspended now. Good for them. Play the Black Fucking Aces.

What's up with the media from other teams chiming in with their peanut gallery shit anyway? They're not even covering the game!



6 comments:

HeadHunter said...

Good recap. I really don't want to hear the piling on of Price. If a team constantly gives up shooting lanes to shooters with high shooting percentage, what do you expect? I am not sure that people get the meaning of softie. Are there some that Carey would like to see again? Probably but that is because he is a competitor. Are there some he would just like to see? Hello screen. I have not seen defense get split so regularly ever. It was painful and it was Price, Prust, Tinordi, and Gally among others that provided only a glimmer of hope. Even Chucky looked out of sorts at times. Can't blame him as organization just wasn't there. Not making apologies for Price but stop saying Anderson won the battle when all he faced were perimeter shots and receive 3-4 man support in close.

Orangeman said...

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

I did not see the 3rd period, but even in the first 2 they seemed disinterested and the refs seemed to only see infractions done by one team. Let's get it out of the way, no one is blaming the refs for the Habs' loss. But when both teams see one of them can get away with anything then they keep pushing the envelope while the other team gets frustrated and lashes out. Again, didn't see any of it and I'm not excusing it. But I can see where they're coming from (and it's been that way since G1).

And on Price, he also isn't the reason they lost last night. But I'm curious if it's ever his fault? Even Brodeur has had bad games, but if you listen to Hab fans half of them think he's as infallible as the Pope while the other thinks he's as wicked as the devil. Does Price really have the worst defence in the NHL playing in front of him? Is every goal an impossible save? Is every save just him making it look easy? He had, what, the 45th best save % this year. Does Carey really have worse defence in front of him than Theo down in Miami?

I guess I'm sensitive to this because I'm a teacher and I see some people make endless excuses for some kids. That's all well and good when you're in the 3rd grade, but in the real world no one cares that your co-worker screwed up or you had a bad day. Just get the job done or GTFO. If it's too much pressure getting paid $6.5 million then by all means, Carey can switch jobs with me. I just got a chair thrown at my head two days ago and told I won't be getting a cost of living raise next contract.

How about we agree that he's an average, sometimes above average, goalie that can be incredibly streaky. Of course I want him to become The Franchise Saviour, but until someone is able to point me to any proof of that then I have to go with the compromise of him being average. But I really do want to be proven wrong.

And that's my treatise on the subject.

HeadHunter said...

Great points Orangeman. You raise some good issues that don't often get mentioned with Price. He certainly has far from the worst defense in front of him (though, and it pains me to say it, Markov is making a case for it). He makes a lot of saves he shouldn't and misses some he shouldn't. Streaky is certainly true. We can agree he has potential but often settles for average to above average. As you say, we can hope he becomes what we have been told and what we see he can be in his moments of focus. Excellent treatise.

HeadHunter said...

I will add this: I am a Price believer even on nights when he gets shelled. I do agree with Orangeman on a lot of things but I really can't see any other goalie in Price's place. While his play doesn't always match his potential, his ability to exist in Montreal's most studied position is worth something. Sure it doesn't win games but even on average nights, he does give the team chances to win. And when the flames die down, last to first/second still feels pretty good. THAT being said, can we please kick a little Sens ass?

habsfaninTX said...

At some point you have to put on your big boy undies, come together as a team, and just play play through the crap. The character guys we need to lead this team melted down across the board. Hopefully they come together for the next one.

Number31 said...

Habs aren't playing playoff hockey and losing Eller is a big part of that. Won't matter if Price gives up a goal, 3 or 5, they aren't playing smart, their gap control is garbage, they're playing like shit in their own zone (again and again) and they aren't working hard enough to get to the other net. Instead they're standing around, puck watching, it's wide open in the Habs' zone but very hard to work in the Sens zone. Players can basically walk in freely over the blue line and pick every corner they want without any worry. Which leads me to wonder what the hell this coaching staff has done all year to "prepare" them...

I hope they fix this crap next season or it'll be lotto pick time again. They'll be as bad as the Bulldogs. And I hope to hell Bergevin notices his D is CHARMIN FUCKING ULTRA SOFT.

Hope you guys are watching other playoff games for some actual consistent playoff hockey. The difference is staggering. (Mind you, the Kings are teetering on the same shit as the Habs and can't seem to keep up with the Blues. Detroit is a similar own-zone mess with a lot of puck watchers but we get to be happy for Koivu).