The above photograph is a fine example of either team's zone from the blue line and in. Defence and goaltending were optional tonight. I guess the only bright side is it didn't go 11-10 like I thought it would?
I managed to catch the biggest spin doctor on the game tonight in Glenn Healy claiming how the Pens dodged a bullet in first dressing Vokoun but winning the game, despite giving up 6 goals. Which is what he gave up last time he played. So I'm guessing the Penguins are the old Capitals now.
Truth is if the fucking Habs gave a fuck in defending tonight, and NOT STANDING AROUND LETTING PENGUINS SKATE FREE UP THE FUCKING SLOT OR HAVING FREE REIGN BEHIND THE NET WHILE NOT IGNORING THE GUY WAITING FOR THE TAP IN OUT FRONT...I dunno maybe they would be the 7 instead of the 6.
Or maybe the fatigue is kicking in already. Considering Price is taking so many optionals off...
But the battle back was something to be proud of. Of course, if that wasn't Vokoun, there probably wouldn't be any battle back...
Either way, happy 300th game to Brandon Prust, who opened the goal fest. And happy welcome back to clutch goal-land PK, who scored to tie the game with 0.7 seconds left in the second period.
It's a small consolation prize they actually managed to get a point out of that. Too bad. Bring some defence next time. Oh that would be tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment