Tough to watch a group of guys with a thin veil of confidence work so hard and come up short. I've seen enough Sens games this year to know when the Habs actually (rarely) scored with Price pulled for the extra man to tie it up what the outcome would be in overtime. Usually it's Spezza. He actually missed. Alfredsson is 4-for-4 in shootouts.
For what it's worth, Bourque is apparently pretty good in shootouts.
After the game Price said he believed they deserved better (which is true) but is tired of using that excuse. Right now he's not really sure what to say anymore. And what do you want him to say? We're out of excuses, and out of ideas. Just gotta keep chipping away.
Budaj gets the call tomorrow against the Rangers.
I will now post a really cute animal after every loss. Today's loss brings us a Red Panda!

3 comments:
. . . oh, well done. You made me feel bad about the sheer number of cute animal photos there are out there on the Internet.
(Budaj against the Rangers? Jeez, the one time in months we get a Habs game on TV down here, and they've apparently already decided to too-hard-basket it?)
. . . awww, panda.
I know! Just look at that face... Melts all your troubles away.
(Price neeeeeeeds a break before they destroy the kid. It must be done).
I know, I get it, my little brother's a goalie and I can imagine what it's like for someone who I don't enjoy seeing suffer, but jeez, couldn't they have done it last night? I wanna see the good goalie on the big screen, dammit!
(pouts)
Still, the gamble seems to be paying off. It's nice to be wrong. And it's hilarious watching an NBC talking head try and get decently long, non-profane answers out of John Tortorella when they're two, wait, three goals down.
Post a Comment