Hey guys!
Perfect plan! Once the whistle blows, shoot the puck into the net. Apparently it counts!
Regardless of it being a bad goal or not, you don't change the fucking rules on the fly while the ref is blowing the play dead and waving the goal off. Never mind on replay whistle blows with the puck on the line. But hey, let's allow another Sun Belt team to get everything it needs 'cause you know the money's tight and all. Sick of watching the Habs get hosed on the Intent to Blow call, but this is the first time I ever saw it overturned by someone two-thousand kilometers away in a mysterious room full of multiple screens including one with probably a dog on it (see HBO). Usually Habs score a goal on the Intent to Blow call, against Carolina. It's called every fucking time and screws us every fucking time.
And of course they never recovered from it. Suddenly defensively the Habs forgot what they were doing, while the Lightning miraculously remembered how to defend. Suddenly all the offense disappeared or went wide or deflected every wrong way while the Lightning were deflecting everything perfectly on net. And yes, the goal was shit but Price saved his team's ass more than enough times tonight to warrant a little extra help from guys who can cross the fucking red line...
Just prior to the bullshit goal that should have never counted, RDS was happily praising Cunney's 2-man-forecheck and the team's ability to beat the 1-3-1. They were cutting through the system like butter and I was left thinking: the Flyers couldn't do this? Clearly they were too busy throwing hissy fits over tactics instead of playing.
Whatever. Doing the two-step to either a playoff spot or Grigorenko. In the end I couldn't care less. I'm just sick of seeing the League change it's mind on the rules every time it involves this team. Whether it's Price holding the puck for nearly 8 seconds and not getting a whistle or Patches nearly dying on the ice... May as well just throw the fucking book out.
2 comments:
There are lots of things wrong with the Habs. I just want them to collectively at least TRY to stop sucking. I'm perfectly okay with not having the absolute best team in the league, but I like being able to see the bright side.
How can there be a bright side when every time Habs rise, a biased ref will shoot them down and crumple any chance at victory?
Post a Comment